Opinions on the N56JR..

Discussion in 'Asus' started by BubbaRob, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sxooter

Sxooter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's worth trying a two prong power supply (Microcenter carries 120W ones for ~$50) and see if that solves the problem. That or maybe get an adapter that disconnects the third wire ground. Since I suffer from this issue as well I might try this too.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You could try turning down the sensitivity if you have the issue.

3. Sxooter

Reputations:
    It's not just sensitivity. It also causes problems like thinking you're using two fingers when you're using one, and clicking on stuff you weren't clicking on.

4. mark77

mark77 Newbie

Reputations:
    guys need some help pls...

i just received the laptop today. is there a safe way to upgrade it to windows 8.1 without getting errors or shall i keep the 8
    and just install the Classic Shell ??

thanks in advance

5. rhodes588

rhodes588 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone that has switched the hard drive out with an ssd what type of real world differences do you feel? Also, do you need to modify anything to accommodate the 6.8mm thick hard drive? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 500gb evo since newegg has it on sale right now. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. tenico

tenico Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I swipped the hdd to an DVD caddy and put an SSD in the hdd bay, the PC is snap as fast, instant turn on and ready to use

7. amino2

amino2 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    the feeling is like day and night, it is much more faster, and there is no problem with 6.8mm, it will feet without any issue.

8. imglidinhere

imglidinhere Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just had my friend Kyle buy the model online from Microcenter and he loves it. So far, I'm VERY impressed with the performance and for $999, it's probably among the best choices out there.

Linky

9. morkys

morkys Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is this laptop always going to be preparing and configuring windows each time I turn it on? It seems to take forever. I've only turned it on 4 or 5 times since Sunday. I turn it off at night.

The type on the screen really is quite small and seems hard to get used to. Not only windows, but Google Chrome and other apps let you change the text size so that seems to work for now. Hopefully new glasses with fix me up.

I'm getting used to the compact size, light weight, fewer cords and reduced fan noise of the laptop vs my desktop. Also, although I complain that the text is small on my laptop, when I use the 17" lcd I am surprised at how soft it looks now...lol.

I bought a Bytecc ext USB 3.0 to sata hdd enclosure for my main HDD and a Bytecc adapter to get data from another drive. The enclosure didn't work with windows 8. The drives (partitions) on my 1 TB wd were not recognized consistently and I could not access them. I tried the adapter and it seems to work. Reading about the Bytecc stuff I find sketchy feedback, so I am going to return both and simply buy two Vantec hdd enclosures or one enclosure and some other adapter. I don't want to nuke my data.

What external hdd enclosures can you asus laptop owners recommend? : )

10. Sxooter

Reputations:
    I used some steps from here to fix that problem on my n56vz. Basically the sfc /scannow command fixed it for me.