One of the 680M SLi might be dead after an update?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by [JC], Jul 6, 2018.

1. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Need to try an older driver before you give up unless you already did. I've heard of this new driver causing problems like you're seeing.

2. Grant B Gibson

Grant B Gibson Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My 765m was spazzing out, then I used DDU, installed newest drivers, after a restart, it was fine

KY_BULLET likes this.
  3. [JC]

[JC] Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I tried the following:

VBIOS clevo .33 with NV 391.35 = error code 43
    VBIOS nvidia .67 with NV 391.35 = black screen and restart after driver install

KY_BULLET likes this.
  4. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah sounds dead man, sorry to hear that.

5. [JC]

[JC] Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know that one is dead, but the other is working. The one I tested seems to be the dead one (it's the GPU that was on slot 1 when device manager said slot 1 gpu was error code 43), even though I could get video output. The other one that reported as working on device manager is the one when I try to boot I get no video output. If I could fix that, maybe I can get it working, maybe it's a VBIOS incompatibly thing?

I know for a fact that if I try to boot in UEFI any GPU with VBIOS .29 it won't boot and will not give video output. I remember that this working GPU was at least on .33, so I don't know why it doesn't give video output.

I put both GPUs back in, GPU1 on original MXM 1, GPU2 on MXM 2. Same behavior, GPU 1 marked as dead on device manager, GPU 2 marked as working normally, no errors. The problem is when I load GPU 2 on MXM 1 (the primary slot) I can't even POST/BIOS...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    KY_BULLET likes this.
  6. [JC]

[JC] Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Installed Windows 7 x64 and tried with sager nvidia driver, but after restart it presents me with a BSOD:

[​IMG]