1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

ONE (AOA 150-1570) - Wher are the eEmpower applications?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Flashfox, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashfox

Flashfox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I read about eNET, eMANAGEMENT, etc., yet the only application on my Aspire ONE (AOA 150-1570) in the eEmpowering folder is the eRecovery Management.

When I download eNet from ACER's site and try to instal it, I am told that "Empowering Technology Framewrok" is missing. When I fire-up eRecovery and look at the contents, I don't see anything from ACER, just applications and drivers.

As I can't find these on ACER's website, I wonder how to get a hold of them?

2. Datamonger

Datamonger Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had the same problem with my mom's laptop when I installed XP on it. I wouldn't really worry about it as it doesn't really improve system performance.

3. Flashfox

Flashfox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Noted. :)

The reason why I would like these is more out of curiosity than anything else. The ACER site says that I should have them yet I don't. Clicking on LAUNCH MANAGER doesn't start anything. I just downloaded LAUNCH MANAGER from the UK site and I will wait to read further posts before trying to reinstall it.

4. Ahkhira

Ahkhira Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If you really want to play with this, the eFramework should be available on Acer's site. Download and install the empowering technology framework first, and then add all the other e-stuff.

The only Acer software I use is the Launch Manager, and I only use it to run the programable buttons (Internet button, Email button etc.). I lost the Erecovery some time ago, and I haven't missed it because I keep regular backups, and should something ever go wrong, I like to clean install the OS (if it really is that messed up in the first place).