OLED issue on the new AERO 15??

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by sam_1986, Aug 31, 2019.

1. sam_1986

sam_1986 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi forum,

I have been super excited to purchase my new laptop (been apple MacBook pro user for 4 years now) and i wanted the best of the best when it comes to windows laptops...

Long story short, i ordered the Gigabyte AERO 15 OLED with the following options:
    • 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-9750H Six-Core
    • 32GB DDR4 | 1TB NVMe PCIe SSD
    • 15.6" 3840 x 2160 AMOLED Display
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    Total came out to $3300

I received it today and its impressive but i have a vertical dead pixel line on the screen. The line is blue when the display is displaying dark images... and yellow when the display is showing white images... Here is a picture of the issue. Does anyone know if there is a software fix for this??

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ksUDktsok6DR5e7J8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It's new, why not have them replace it? You paid a lot of money for it, it should work out of the box.

3. sam_1986

sam_1986 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am not sure if i should return it, or just replace it with another Macbook Pro
    Maybe i just received a bad unit, it can happen, but i have read quite many that have issue

4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You received a bad unit, it happens. I've had a bad MacBook Pro and fixed many a broken Apple product. If you bought it from a decent company, they should be willing to cross ship you another unit or refund you while you re-order.

Darkhan likes this.