Older Cars -- Junk them or keep them? Post Here.

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by TravisBean, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I know the exhaust manifolds on my bro's 3.8L V6 are cracked and now it sounds like a V8. Maybe just take a hammer to your manifolds? :D

2. The_Moo™

The_Moo™ Here we go again.....

Reputations:
    LMAO that hiularious considering i cracked my manifold on a curb yesterday :D:D:D how did you know i gotta re attach my cutout since i ripped the whole exhaust off ...ughh re weld and everything right now ive got my cat directly on the output of my exhaust manifold ..sucks and sounds like crap but hopefully by next week ill have it back on. i have a cherry bomb but it sounds like crapppp so i took it off. but i know it will never sound like a v8 but im just asking if theres any ideas...or just best to leave the y pipe to the cut off pipes under the doors....

the cut out has no cat but in the city i switch to my cat to be quiet :D

3. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I still want to see some pictures of this custom fuel injection, please.:) (at your convenience, if you get a chance)

4. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Attached photos are from while I was still putting it together (The first photo is before I mounted the intake). The injectors were weak 17LB injectors from a northstar Cadillac, and I only used them for test fitting purposes. My end injectors are Ford Racing injectors (originally 30LB, but modified to 47LB).

The last photo is my under-hood relay and fuse section, right next to the wiring harness connector that I mounted in. (That's from a mid 70's Cadillac, and I bought new connector pins while I was making the wiring harness). This picture is sideways, and I should have probably fixed that before uploading... You can also see my air suspension line next to that connector.

Attached Files:

5. The_Moo™

The_Moo™ Here we go again.....

Reputations:
    nice work there

6. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, I hate to admit it, because I was looking for an excuse to buy a late model car, but neither the 08 Nissan Altima or the 08 Chevy Impala that I test drove today, performed significantly better than my 1992 Crown Victoria. I have to be very careful how I spend my money (as I'm sure most people have to) and just couldn't see shelling out 15k for a vehicle that only drove marginally better than the one I drive now.
    Today's Memorial Day specials were less than spectacular. The Impala was marked down by about a grand.

7. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My parents have a hard time letting go of their old cars. They still have a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee that my mom purchased new in late 1994. She quit driving it in 2004 when she got a new Explorer, but it soldiered on for a few years as my dad's daily commuter. It has also been very handy as a loaner vehicle for me and my siblings in several different situations.

Despite poor reliability ratings from Consumer Reports, it recently hit the 240,000-mile mark. Original transmission and no major engine repairs...it's a tank! My whole family is so attached to it, I doubt we could let it go....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.