Okay so seriously need some input

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Tsunade_Hime, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shobster

Shobster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That reminds me, I suggested Hime about an Integra in craigslist that was about $1800 and look like in was in pretty good condition, and also stick.

2. KLF

KLF NBR Super Modernator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    A4 had two V6 models, 2.6 12v 150hp and 2.8 30v with 193hp both have similar fuel consumption, BIG. N/A engine not much to tweak with but pretty fun to drive. 1.8t 150-180hp stock depending on model, 30% less fuel consumption in city than N/A and potential to twice, three times original hp. If you are still looking for one, pick one that has already had the turbo replaced and has had frequent oil changes.

5 speed gearbox is too short, look for 6 speed version if possbile, only accept sport seats. 3500rpm @120kph is annoying, I had one for couple years: bring your own earplugs.
    4WD is the sensible option, if you want fwd then there's a wealth of other cars/brands to choose from.

V6 engines are heavy, 1.8t has better weight distribution. Then again because of that my v6 was pretty tail happy in winter, almost like rwd but it actually got somewhere. While those V6's have huge fuel consumption in city but much better in highway (my 1998 2.8 has better mileage in highway than my mom's 1.6 2008 Corolla).

3. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    The 1.8T is just terrible in the US, almost all need new turbos. And a new K04 turbo + ECU is like 1300 bucks, A4 is probably off the list unless I can get the V6.

4. ajkula66

ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

Reputations:
    If you can find one in decent shape, an early 90's Jetta GLi might be worth looking into...

Happy hunting.

5. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    if you plan on modding it, which coming from a 240sx I think you do, then get an integra.

otherwise get the toyota. I have two of those and they are as reliable as it can get. Though I also got a turbo Civic, but that's long story.

later

6. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Yeah realistically I would like an EK9 Civic hatchback, and stick. Toyota's are kinda boring, though an SC300 would be nice.

7. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Honda hatches are always great platforms and looks good. I'm playing around with the idea of getting a used CR-Z and dropping a K20Z3 in it.

8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    My old roommate had a '01 Golf 1.8T, and it was a gigantic PoS. You basically couldn't park it outside when the temperature was below 30 degrees F or else it wouldn't start. When it did turn over, it ran worse than a two-stroke Lawn Boy.

9. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    The problem is finding one that isn't riced out here in the DC Metro area. :|

10. Double 0

Double 0 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Get a Ford Crown Victoria.... rwd, very very reliable, v8

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2