OK, So who has W10 running on a toughbook?

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Speedy72t, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn Crackpot Search Ninja and Options Whore

Reputations:
    Way too tired to be functional tonight. But the ReactOS Live CD is waiting here for me.

2. SugarD-x

SugarD-x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks!

The full model number is CF-30K5P752M.

3. Shawn

Reputations:
    Model Number:..CF-30K5P752M
    MSRP:..$2,000
    Description: WinXP (Vista COA), Intel Core 2 Duo SL9300 1.60GHz (Centrino2), vPro, 13.3" XGA Non Touch, 160GB, 2GB, Intel WiFi a/b/g/n, TPM1.2, Bluetooth, GPS, Dual pass (Upper GPS/Lower:WLAN), No Drive, Toughbook Preferred

SugarD-x likes this.
  4. JJ20016

JJ20016 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    CF-30F5S75AM, 4GB ram.
    Win10 Pro fresh install on empty HDD running without issue for a week now. Easier than I expected. GPS and WIFI worked right out of the gate. After a couple of reboots and Win 10 updates the video driver updated itself. Only driver win10 did not pick up was the "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller", a.k.a Intel® Extended Thermal Model Driver . Installed the Win Vista driver and it was good to go. I did NOT install the GPS registry patch.
    ......The only thing not stock on this one is the optical drive. I put a DVD Multi drive from a CF 52 in it. no problems there either.

CF-52VCABX1M, 16gb ram
    I did a clean Win7 install from the Panasonic restore disks, went through 2 days of windows update getting the install all patched up and current, and then upgraded to Win10. Installed my antivirus after the upgrade. I don't remember any issues, but this is not my daily driver so I need to do a run through and make sure everything (Hotkeys etc..) works as it should. I'll update in the next few days.

Next is going to be CF-19VJRFX2M/8gb ram clean install. The final one will be my CF-52V daily driver, which has been tweaked a bit.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    ron_of_orange and toughasnails like this.
  5. Shawn

Reputations:
    What tweaks on the CF-52V?

ron_of_orange likes this.
  6. JJ20016

JJ20016 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    CF-52VCABX1M daily driver
    Added: SanDisk SSD(Freaking Fast), fingerprint/smartcard reader, Sierra Wireless MC7750 for the GPS function, Intel 6200 WIFI(Dell branded but works without problem)

ron_of_orange likes this.
  7. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    As it does me. Truer words have never been spoken. And an OS which has betrayed our trust does just that.

onirakkiss likes this.
  8. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Please read post #2781 here http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10.762434/page-279#post-10264559 . This is how low MS can go...sad. make sure you click on the picture and the spoiler too.

Many ask why they are doing this. M$ has billions of dollars riding on W10. There stock price went up $11.00 but now has dropped down to only $5.00 .
    MS stock price in July was $45.00 and went as hight as $56.00 and now is around $50.00. That means Microsoft's share holders are losing millions of dollars. So my guess you will see more tricks from them. You just wait and see. :mad:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Dannemand and onirakkiss like this.
  9. KLonsdale

KLonsdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I installed it on my CF-19 mkIII today. Used Win 7 driver load for a CF-19 MKIII from Panasonic website. Trying to figure out how to calibrate the touchscreen.

10. marcotor

marcotor Newbie

Reputations:
    Don't muck much with the Panny program. Use the Windows Pen and Tablet settings in Control Panel. Much better calibration on both my 19 Mk3's.

8GB RAM and SSD's make em sing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.