Official X500 Owner's Lounge!

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Red_Dragon, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compusmurf

Compusmurf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe so, but it's better than just using default. You comments are even worse if you wear reading/computer glasses too. Which, at my age now, is a must. :) But default color with say the 195 series drivers is blinding and off. As an amateur photographer, the difference IS highly noticeable. My chair and computer rarely move that much as well. Pretty "static" seating and computer position. So, every little bit helps.

2. Ingvarr

Ingvarr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Don't know about you, but I see about 0.2 gamma shift if I move my head about 5 centimeters vertically - I can't sit that rigidly ;)
    I never meant that calibration is useless.
    What I meant is that you dont need precise calibration with calibrator that much - an approximate manual calibration will be more than enough.
    The gamma is about 1.8 almost on every LCD, while all software and internet made with 2.2-2.4 CRT gamma in mind - thus the need primarly to adjust gamma, otherwise everything looks too bright and washed out.

3. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Red_Dragon I know, thats why i just stick with dell, i am thinking about getting a hp dv7t, its a 17.3 a bit cheaper and finally has a bloody LED screen. Lower graphics card gt 230 but i have a precision m6400 so i don't care with a RGB LED screen. I just idk hp sometimes has problems... Plus i hate the Phoenix bios. But oh well hard to find a good one, even with dell home machines, that's why i prefer business. The only true thing i will be lossing with the hp is the backlit keyboard, but now i have two of them with it so whatever i guess. Plus an 18.4 is bloody huge. lol

4. WGardener

WGardener Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have seen some nice benchmarks from the 250m.

5. Physick

Physick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would like to see what kind of overclocking can be done on the 250m.

6. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Hm, i like 18.4" To me its the "perfect" LARGE size.

If i bought this it wouldn't leave my house anyway. I use my FW on the go and its pretty darn light. The DV7t is nice though.

7. mariomega

mariomega Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I'm in a great doubt whether to buy the Qosmio X505-Q830 (I got the Amazon price of $ 1289.00) and Asus G51J-A1 (got it for $ 1336.00). As the price is very good, I have to buy from Amazon, so the laptop will not be upgraded with IC Thermal Compound.

The Toshiba has the benefit of the BD Combo drive (that I can upgrade the ASUS for only $90). The ASUS has a better video card, screen Full HD and 2 Gb 320 HDD, mouse and gaming backpack. The only problem with Toshiba, in my opinion, it is not Full HD, but for that price, I think that is a beautiful setting.

But I'm too afraid to pick up the ASUS and have problems with temperature, whereas the G51 series has overheating problems. Even the GPU is underclocked.

Geforce GTS 250m´s memory bus is 128-bit, but it´s DDR5. Consumes only 28W and has a performance at the most 10% worse than the GTX 260M. And in the future, probably it can be overclocked. So I think it´s not too bad.

How far is it bad to buy a notebook with a display of 18.4?? The bigger the screen, more powerful must be the video card or who sends it is the resolution?

I'm very indecisive, if someone can give me an opinion, I will appreciate it.

8. Cobra03

Cobra03 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    being it is GDDR5 it doubles the preformance. Its plenty powerful for new games and such.

9. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah the dv7t is very nice with that sub woofer lol. Well my xps m1530 is darn light too most of the time. But i have an xps 1340 now so thats my ultraportable but at heart i love big screens! lol I am debating between both of them. I would like to see with my own eyes how well the gts 250 performs.

10. Ingvarr

Ingvarr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Personally I think X505 sounds a lot better even without subwoofer - looks like it has bigger and/or higher fidelity primary speakers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.