Official X500 Owner's Lounge!

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Red_Dragon, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjness

jjness Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Compusmurf. I managed to get my X305 to stabilize around 75 degrees GPU (World of Warcraft full screen for a half hour, laptop on a chill pad) after putting new paste on both the GPU and CPU. I'm surprised that this machine, which is much smaller, handles the heat better.

I might be saving a few pennies for one of these, I think!

2. Compusmurf

Compusmurf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe because the app was written before the i7 was built? Just a guess, nothing more.

3. pstineme

pstineme Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not familiar with that program but are those temps at the computer idle, max load or what? Thanks for testing that.

4. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That could be possible at the same time this program probably doesn't know that the mobile I7's are here and is probably judging it off of a desktop speed.

5. Padmé

Padmé NBR Super Pink Princess

Reputations:

<style class='Hidden'>Where's the M55 lounge?</style>

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  6. freedom16

freedom16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah how is the screen, i am sick of CCFL, once you go RGB LED you don't go back!

7. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Freedom, i am also waiting for RGB LED. Sadly these notebook makers are taking TOO ling to adopt this. It seems like only HP and Dell are doing it.

8. Ingvarr

Ingvarr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's because they are prohibitevely expensive at this size. Most of laptop LED backlights you see now is below 16"
    As for me, I am waiting for AMOLED screens, not just LED backlit ones ;)

The screen on X505 is ordinary I would say. They ramp up the brightness, but it loses contrast because of that - but it hard to decide what is better, dim screen with pure black and impure white (X205), or bright screen with impure black and pure white (X505).
    1680x945 matrix has one CCFL, but, its quite bright and has good viewing angles
    1920x1080 matrix is a dual CCFL - but I decided against it, since DPI of it is just too high, even at this screen size a lot of stuff is too small. Also GF 250M is not really up to task of gaming at this res, so no real point.

9. Compusmurf

Compusmurf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I used the offices Spyder2 to calibrate the color. If you have access to one, it really does help ALOT on LCD screens.

10. Ingvarr

Ingvarr Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Personally I find that precise calibration for LCD screens is useless, mainly because even gamma changes simply if you move you head slightly up and down ;) LCD screen response values are just too head position-dependant, and it's a lot worse with laptop screens.

Still, some degree of calibrarion is beneficial, mainly to adjust gamma down a little, bringing it to be approximately around 2.2-2.4 with your average head position and lid angle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.