official "X205 Owner's Thread"

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Sonickid101, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gammite

gammite Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i wonder if those of you having issues with windows 7 is because of the 64 bit. i ran the rc1 when it first came out with a few freezing issues so i went back to vista. (bad drivers) but after the retail came out i have had no issues. (using toshiba's win7 drivers.)

2. soonny

soonny Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone managed to solve the non-working subwoofer issue on Windows 7?
    I switched to 7 today and I found posiible solution (mentioned earlier switching /program files/realtek directory from Vista), but it didn't work for me (or i'm doing something wrong.
    I would be grateful for zipped/rarred realtek directory from someone, who made it working.
    Thanks in advance.

3. kraz30g

kraz30g Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    hi, i have a x205-s9349 and i have a quick question, sorry im a bit computer illiterate when it comes to this sort of thing so please bear with me...

i had to do a full system recovery after windows7 kept flickering on me - after doing so i "re-upgraded" back to windows 7 and everything is working fine so i believe the problem was definitely the drivers (thx for those who helped me). but im looking at the driver im running on for my 8700mGT right now and it says:
    Driver Date: 8/1/2008
    Driver Version: 7.15.11.7626

I'm just wondering if I should update the driver? I'm not looking for any kind of tweaking or what not (I don't want to be messing with much at all). I simply want the most updated Stock driver. (sorry im kind of new to this stuff) Basically, is this driver the most updated "stock driver" for my laptop? Does it update automatically? Or do i need to do something? I noticed it says 'update driver'...

i just want to make sure i don't screw up and start the flickering again since everything is running fine now. but i do want to be updated if needed. so is this the latest stock driver for my laptop offered and will it be updated automatically? or do i need to click on update driver? or maybe go to toshiba's website?

i want to be as safe as possible so no problems arise.

thanks again for all your help guys!

btw - is there any specific instructions i should follow if i were to update the driver in any way mentioned above? thx if u could tell me that also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.