Official Vaio Y 13.3 Series Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by vaiofann, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esseti

Esseti Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    And if you are curious how loose is the battery, I've made a video. You have to pump up your volume probably, because my iPhone 3G isn't an ideal recording device ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9exV1BJJvLI

2. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:

Just saw it. Yeah, rattles a lot more than necessary. The fact that others are reporting it too shows it was badly designed. Doubt it's a quality control issue as much as an engineering/design issue.

3. Mikazukinoyaiba

Mikazukinoyaiba Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How do we tell whether it is a engineer/design issue and not quality control? As I said on my Y-series the battery fits in snugly, not even the slightest bit of movement.

I'm still trying to find Sony's recovery partition, when I check in "My Computer" I only see the C: drive and not the D: Recovery partition.

I know its there but I think Sony did something to make it not visible. As to reset your Y-series to make it seem like New, I think what you need to do is boot from the Recovery Partition or discs, after that is completed shut off the computer when it goes back to that first start screen.

Not too sure.

4. chong67

chong67 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is there a full review of the Vaio Y?

Can this Y play 720p or 1080p on the HDTV with no problem?

5. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:
  6. chong67

chong67 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When is Sony going to put the Y for sale at other online store nd retail store? What are they holding up? I guess they think people are buying it now on their site?

7. bubbatex

bubbatex Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Probably because they can't keep them in stock online. It's hard to find one at the Sony store also - the $999 was in @ my local Sony store here in Austin, but we want the $799 version and they did not have any.

And I remember you from my Treocentral days!

8. bubbatex

bubbatex Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sony hides their recovery partition - the only way to access it is via their recovery program.

9. Mikazukinoyaiba

Mikazukinoyaiba Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They had two sales so far, I don't know when they'll have another one.

10. zeth006

zeth006 Traveler

Reputations:
    Which is exactly why starting May, I'm going to obsessively check the Vaio website for any discounts and updates. I'll also be scouring the news and NBR articles for any word on further i5-equipped slim notebooks that are 13-14." Bad news is that Intel's facing a major shortage of i3/i5/i7 notebook processors, which might also explain Apple's Macbook line refresh. I'm also told Acer's been buying up those CPUs in bulk batches, straining the supply line for Intel.

Judging from all this, I may have to look into buying my notebook as late as June or even early July.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.