Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Zwiero

Zwiero Newbie

Reputations:
    it will, but the issue is with whether you have SATA or PCIe SSD installed
    PCIe - uses Samsung drives
    SATA - i think that was Toshiba,

If it's PCIe you will most likely need to custom mod BIOS for it to work - Sony never updated that to support NVMe protocol (Sony used AHCI protocol drives and if you are looking for them you will pay a small fortune and won't get the same reliability and speed of NVMe)

you can find instruction over here

https://www.win-raid.com/t1072f16-Sony-VAIO-BIOS-modding-hacking-unlocking-Some-Questions-3.html

I did upgraded to Samsung EVO 960 500GB and works well (given that SVP13 supports PCI 2.0), i'm getting almost 1700 MB/s read/write speeds,

guho likes this.
  2. daibatzu

daibatzu Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello everyone. I did a fresh start for my vaio pro 13. Now I am wondering about the hidden recovery partion on my laptop. Obviously this probably has a copy of windows 8 which I do not need anymore. Is it possible to delete/merge this partition with the c drive and how can it be done?
    Many Thanks

3. xXxMemerxXx

xXxMemerxXx Newbie

Reputations:
    I got everything working on my SVP13213CGB except for the intel gpu is constantly at boost clocks at idle no matter what settings I change. That is, until I run a 3D benchmark, then it goes down to 200-300mhz base clock instead of boosting up/staying at to 1000mhz. You have it all backwards you stupid laptop.

Any recommendations?

4. xXxMemerxXx

xXxMemerxXx Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you have a bootable USB? You can delete/format like that. Or look up how to use the cmd-->diskpart utility.