Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got the Sony Vaio Pro 13 from my Dad with only 350 hours of use....the control center that is installed is an older version 6.2.12.13060, and the options you mentioned that were missing are available here. I am selling the laptop and plan on a clean install of windows 10....I will look into where to find the best shared library and control center version.
    Vaio Care is not installed at the moment.

2. Stefferp

Stefferp Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, SVP owner since August 2013 here, got 2 questions for you all.

I have the non-touch model (SVP1321C5E) and the screen was busted so I ordered a new one on aliexpress. Decided it'd be cool to get the touchscreen because why not. Installation went fine, looks great, screen works great. Only problem is touch doesn't work.
    Anyone have experience with putting a touchscreen on any of the non-touch models? The device seems to register fine in device manager as an HID-compliant touch screen and Windows tells me it has "Full Windows touch support", but it simply doesn't do anything when I touch the screen.

I'd download the touch screen driver for my model but that brings me to the next issue...

There are no Windows 10 drivers or software downloads for the SVP1321C5E. Meaning I don't have Vaio Care, Control Center, or access to specific drivers that one might need in a case such as this.

If anyone has any experience with either of these matters, I'd greatly appreciate some help!

mawrick26 likes this.
  3. Quicklite

Quicklite Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Got a Sony Vaio Pro 13 21C5E too.
    Hope to have it delivered soon. How do you know know what SSD to get? (there seems to be PCIe m.2 and Sata m2 - not entirely sure what version this supports?)

4. leon84p

leon84p Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

As I saw, some people replace 7260n to 8260ac.
    Thanks for that advice, I choose to replace it by the latest 8265ac and it works well.
    Any other advices ?

Many thanks,

5. mimosoft

mimosoft Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did anyone contacted the sony support for new bios updates for fixing spectre/meltdown bugs?