]]>

Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. bruniroquai

bruniroquai Newbie

Reputations:
    is there any chance to get information about the color gamut of the matte screen version?

2. David Henderson

David Henderson Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone have loud fan issues only in Windows 10? I didn't run into them (after the normal updates) in Win8.1

3. Noth

Noth Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know the part number for the cable that has the powerjack on one end of it? I need to replace mine...

4. Somnio

Somnio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    None, but I've noticed that fan can get loud if Windows Update is doing something in the background.
    Have you tried changing the fan option on the Vaio Control Center?

5. Noth

Noth Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone thinking of upgrading to the Vaio S13 2016 model? It's got essentially the same superbly designed chassis as the Vaio Pro 13, but gives you an i7-6500U, same FHD resolution but without a touchscreen (probably a good thing) and is apparently a lot quieter. I love the idea of being able to have the same chassis... Just a shame it only comes with 8Gb of ram, and there's no 11" model.

6. mimosoft

mimosoft Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where do you get the new model? All i find on google are japanese websites.

7. Noth

Noth Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Simply on https://us.vaio.com ! Apparently it's been up since April at least.

8. mimosoft

mimosoft Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The name is "Vaio S" without the "13". Not available in europe. :/

9. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just got as a present from my dad his vaio pro 13, that he used very little, since the 13" screens are too small for him, and he got it because he was impressed at the sony store when released and he wanted it for travelling since it is a very thin and light powerhouse. However, after multiple back surgeries he hasn´t been able to travel much and come visit me in Brazil, so it is basically unused. I am taking it back to Brazil with me and sell it for about 900 bucks, computers there are two to three times more expensive, so I could probably get more...just want to get some money for it instead of great machine like this just sitting in his closet.
    I have the Vaio Z clam, so I am not interested in keeping it, although it is very tempting since it is a beauty. If I do keep, I would like do some basic upgrading...such as wireless card and ssd. any suggestions? the wireless card on there is the 7260n....wondering if the newer m.2 like 8260 would fit without changing the wires...doubt it though. perhaps the 7260AC? The ssd is the Pcie version Xp941 AHCI 256gb, so to be safe, since nvme won´t work neither will any m.2 as sure bet, perhaps an upgrade to the same drive but 512gb? Kind of expensive, but 256gb I can´t handle if I decide to keep the machine. Let´s see. I have the new Vaio Z clam with the 28w Iris 550, same chip that comes with the new macbook pro 13 with touch bar....amazing laptop and build....but there is something to this sony pro 13 that is hard just deciding to sell it...just wanted to share you guys.

10. muc_vaio

muc_vaio Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey there!

I am using a Vaio SVP1321L1EBI with a clean instalöl of Windows 10 x64. Furthermore VAIO Care V. 8.4.5.06026 as well as VAIO Control Center V. 6.2.15.11140. And a bunch of other available software packages from here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVP1321L1E

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/564557

When I bought the notebook there was Win 8 x64 preinstalled. However, under Win 10 and with the self-downloaded software above there are some essential functions in VAIO control Center missing:

- cannot adjust max. battery load level in Control Center (50% or 80% battery preserve options N/A)
    - cannot set USB 3.0 port to "always on" mode (for charging devices when laptop is off)
    - VAIO ASSIST button is not working
    - disable or enable automatic display brightness N/A
    - cannot set Fan Control to silent mode (even though installed separately) -> Fan is ~2900-3600-4100 rpm all the time, with going down to silent after being IDLE for let's say 10 Minutes. Thats too noisy. The old "silent" mode was way better.
    - cannot set Display colour modes (I liked the colour-intense one...)
    - cannot adjust or set Sony's audio boost (preinstalled equalizer settings with bass boost were great in Win8!) I did not find a equal good equalizer setting within the Realtek HD Settings

My Control Center looks like this: It features much less adjustment options like the old one on Winows 8:

[​IMG]

However, I want it to look like the old one:

[​IMG]

Does anybody know a solution to this? Or does anyone know the build number of Vaio Care and Vaio Control Center where all the desired options are available?