Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have the same code 10 error - the device cannot start, when installing on two different laptops, asus ux303 and an HP 15t. I kind of gave up for the moment, thinking maybe the 8260 is defective. I haven´t tried a clean windows 10 yet, but I will eventually.

2. daibatzu

daibatzu Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello,
    Does it give you Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) with error messages like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and KERNEL_DATA_IN_PAGE error. If so, you can try taking it to a computer repair shop and tightening the screw on the SSD. This can come loose with extended use on the Vaio pro 13. Same error happened to me and had me tearing my hair out.

Attached Files:

3. sh2306

sh2306 Newbie

Reputations:
    hey guys, just wondering how people who have changed their wifi card have gotten along. I'm thinking about installing the 8260 chip, but have seen some conflicting posts over results. Is it definitely compatible with the laptop, and importantly does it make a difference with range/ speeds etc?

4. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yup very happy no probs ac8260 on my vaio pro 13 running w10 x64 pro. Great upgrade from the stock n7260 because i also upgraded my router to an Asus ac3200. I can say that going from n to ac resulted in a huge improvement in wifi throughput.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sh2306 likes this.
  5. sh2306

sh2306 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks guho, I've ordered the chip off amazon and will give it a go then. This forum has gone quiet now! Are people still using and enjoying their vaio pro, I know I am and just want to put out some positive words on it, normally everyone complains about it's shortcomings but it is a very accomplished ultrabook and still getting used almost 3 years after purchase. Thanks Sony and come back soon to the laptop market!

6. ExBriaN77

ExBriaN77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I have sent back the Wifi Card and reordered a new one and it's working flawlessly (no more code 10 error and so) !
    The older card was probably defective !

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. mrkaasa

mrkaasa Newbie

Reputations:
    I also upgraded to the AC8260 a couple of days ago. I'm happy with the results so far. Quite straight forward operation, except getting the antennas to click back on the card (needed to use a bit much force)

I bought my card from here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/222105688093?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I also made a fresh installation of windows 10, and it just feels like a new computer now. I'll definately keep it for a while longer. A better ultrabook than this still costs quite some money.

onesolo likes this.
  8. sh2306

sh2306 Newbie

Reputations:
    So I updated the wireless card but wifi issues still remain. I have bought some ipex mhf4 antenna wires off aliexpress and I'll see if using them instead of the existing antennae helps. Anybody else done this?

9. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine was memory-related. Memtest86 7.0 also found errors at one location only. It is unfortunate that the RAM is soldered to the system board making it uneconomical to replace. Fortunately, Windows allows excluding bad memory pages using bcdedit (store name: {badmemory}). Ever since I excluded the bad page, my Vaio Pro 13 has been completely stable.

10. Kain

Kain Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey,

Sorry for the super late response. I don't visit this forum too often and I also sold my VAIO Pro 13. I too had it on Balanced mode and during anti-virus scans and during Windows updates, the fan would be quite loud. I could easily hear it from far away. During normal usage, like browsing the Internet and whatnot, the laptop would be pretty much silent.