Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Jena_Plissken

Jena_Plissken Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What are your temperatures in normal use (web surfing, music etc.)?

2. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    So lately I've been noticing this weird crackling sound in videos in both Chrome and IE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKT9q1zVD7Y

Take a look, what can that be due? Can it be due to out dated intel HD drivers?

3. boulbil

boulbil Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Physical id 0: +49.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 0: +48.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 1: +49.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

its generally always around this (web/videos/etc) unless compiling/etc.

4. Vinod Hegde

Vinod Hegde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I do experience this issue many times when viewing video, not too sure what causes it or whats the solution

5. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    Does that happen with other i5 laptops as well?

6. TRJS

TRJS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone with a 1322-model (spring refresh) compare the fan sound - and especially if it's the same pitch - to this video recording (from minute 3:30 on, where you can hear the noise of the older 1121-model):
    VAIO Duo 11 / Pro 11 Fan noise test - YouTube

I see so many questions about the fan noise in this thread, so I think such an opportunity to hear & compare the fan noise would really help many people who plan to buy a Vaio Pro (me included :) ) That would also answer the question if there were any audible modifications in the fan/cooling system of the newer models (whether on the hardware or the software side).

7. Phistachio

Phistachio A. Scriabin

Reputations:
    It's loud when gaming, but not that loud.

As I previously said, I'd rather have a loud fan on very heavy things, than have added weight to this machine. I think Sony sacrificed the correct things, and you'll be satisfied with the laptop :)

When I have time, I'll test out the fan noises and upload them to youtube.

8. TRJS

TRJS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree, and I think I could live with that fan sound. Though i would tend to buy the 1322-model if the fan had a lower frequency than the rather high pitch of the older xx21-model in the video.

But if both models, 1321 and 1322, had the same fan sound then maybe I'd get the cheaper-to-get 1321-model.

Do you hear a difference regarding pitch/frequency to the fan sound in the video?

9. Jena_Plissken

Jena_Plissken Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Don't know which games are you referring to, but to me even with old 3D games the fans gets VERY loud because I have to set it on "permormance" mode in order to get more fps and avoid stuttering/throttling. Only with 2D or very (very) old 3d games the fan runs quiet, but only because I could leave it on "silent" mode as that games doesn't need too much performance from the cpu/gpu.

It's the same thing I was asking here few days ago. Anyway, I think that if it should be, it must be a hardware change, because software change could be eventually only in the "KBC/EC" bios section, that is the one which controls the fan speeds, and of course it would be prompted also for SVP1321 models..

10. mairwaves

mairwaves Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    I bought my sony vaio Pro 13 2 weeks ago. Today it fell off the desk and the screen broke - it has a thousand cracks, as if someone threw a stone right to it. It seems the image is fine so I guess it's just the external layer that broke. I bought it in France but I'm not in the European Union any more. Do you think there is a way to fix this and will it be expensive?
    PS: My disappointment has no limits. I had all kinds of other laptops that suffered all kinds of accidents and never one broke so easily. Definitely never had a cracked screen.