Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. jordanfraseremery

jordanfraseremery Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The problem is still here

2. radry

radry Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's the cpu switching energy states or frequency. It's a known "problem" that existed already on older mobile cpus. The SSD can't make any sound.

3. komoornik

komoornik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cannot agree. Every SSD i tested was making some sounds - mostly when data was written.

4. ragrave

ragrave Newbie

Reputations:
    Which case do you guys use?

5. Stefan H

Stefan H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've been getting issues with an update, I think. Seems like after updating the pointing driver I keep on getting ghost right clicks every 5 seconds or so. Killing the synaptics pointer helper fixes the issue. Anyone else having this issue?

6. oli4b

oli4b Newbie

Reputations:
    Link (fout).JPG Rechts (goed zoals het hoort te zijn).JPG

Are there more people having this issue? (see pictures)

In my case it cause problems with the touchpad. Because the plastic and metal are not properly attached, my trackpad feels loose and has dead zones.

7. Serg

Serg Nowhere - Everywhere

Reputations:
    HALP!!

I upgraded to windows 8.1 but after upgrading to 8.1, got a BIOS update that says it need to be installed before upgrading to windows 8.1.

I have no idea what to do or how to "rollback to windows 8", as the Sony rep suggested. After launching the computer using the assist button, I can recover my computer, to windows 8.1, no option to windows 8. Any ideas?

Also, i can't seem to be able to install Wifi driver 16.6.0.8 because I'm on windows 8.1 rather than 8. Because of that, my WiFi is terrible right now, it crashes a lot, forcing me to restart my computer so that the adapter works (the charms bar won't react if clicking or tapping on the WiFi icon when this happens).

Before I upgraded, I installed all updates from VAIO Update and VAIO Care, yet afterwards, got the BIOS update, which I'm afraid to do now.

Also, whenever I start the PC,the start tiles are big, but if I wake her up, the tiles are smaller, and the resolution or scaling has changed. This is really odd, and fairly annoying that my tiles move around.

Please help.

8. Stefan H

Stefan H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do the bios update, I did it after since Sony recommended if after I did the update. Worked for me.

9. drjoe66

drjoe66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same issue. It just randomly starts every few days and the laptop keeps right-clicking. First I thought it was by Logitech mouse, but it also happens with no mouse attached.

10. drjoe66

drjoe66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Worked for me, too.