Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. ggab

ggab Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe that is the Sony Firmware Extension Parser. Have you installed that yet? I'll see if I have the fan control when I get home.

2. calzone123

calzone123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    deleted - error

3. Vinod Hegde

Vinod Hegde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    BTW I just realised that rm501 has in fact 2 options missing from his vaio control centre, fan speed control as well battery care function. I only have the "devise not recognised" issue but not the above 2 issues

4. ggab

ggab Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just checked, I did a clean install of 8.1 and I DO have the CPU and Fan, Battery, and Lid Open Action options in the Control Center, you seem to be missing all of those. All I can say is make sure you have the latest versions of everything. Do you have the Hotkey Utilities installed? Maybe try reinstalling the Sony Shared Library and then reinstalling the latest version of the Control Center from the 8.1 drivers section.

5. rm501

rm501 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi

I have done a re-install of windows and installed all drivers from Sony UK and still facing exactly the same issues.

I have indeed installed the Sony Firmware Extension Parser, as well as hotkey utilities, Sony shared library and installed the latest control centre.

I also noticed that VAIO Update doesn't work. It fails to retrieve updates and then opens a website which yields a http 500 error.

I did not install VAIO Care this time however as the last time it didn't solve anything and I recall somebody successfully did an 8.1 install without installing VAIO Care.
    When I get back home I will install everything I can find for the SVP and see what happens.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. rm501

Reputations:
    Hi again

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that mine is a custom model from UK, with no touch screen, 512 PCIe SSD, i7 CPU, Win8 Pro.

Regards

7. rm501

Reputations:
    Hi

1. Can you confirm which model you are using?

2. Also do you have the link to the drivers you have used?

3. Also, where applicable i have simply installed the latest drivers, eg, i have only installed the latest Bluetooth and Wifi drivers listed under 8.1, and NOT the original driver first. I dont think it should matter, but interested to know how you have performed the procedure.

Many thanks

8. EBITDA

EBITDA Newbie

Reputations:
    I have 2 spare tyco internal laptop antennas I might swap into the case for better wifi reception. Has anyone who opened their pro 13 up have any thoughts on placement? Enough room @ hinges to place behind screen? Or should I stretch across battery and SSD and place under the aluminum pad somehow - wondering about optimal positioning. Haven't seen a teardown for the screen so I am not sure how tight it is.

9. con5179

con5179 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What security software are you guys running on your pro 13's?

10. hamud

hamud Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    mimosoft likes this.