Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. quickster94

quickster94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Found this solution online: Disable Intel's automatic 60hz to 40hz refresh rate change on Batt but it didn't work unfortunately. Anyone else have any ideas?

2. sillieidiot

sillieidiot Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    it's not in the video setting. it's in the power and battery tab in the VAIO control center. it's under the powersaving section

3. Ryuuga

Ryuuga Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In case anyone is following my quest on searching the best price for the Vaio Pro (in Los Angeles at least):

I went to Sony store today, all their SKUs are i5 / 4GB or the Full config i7 / 8GB / 256GB SSD
    The full config cost a whopping $1799.99 which isn't worth it because for the same configuration, it only cost 1719.99 online. PLUS you can get Fresh Start online for free.

Next, I went to Microsoft Store, Theres really a lack of Microsoft Store in LA honestly. The one I went to only has Surfaces for sale, so that was a bust.

Afterward, I went to Fry's. They have i5 /4GB /128GB SSDand i7 /8GB /128GB SSD
    the i7 costing $1499.99. Which is a good deal, but I can still get a better deal with student discount on the Sony Store. I just really hate to wait 2 weeks for the machine to arrive. Why can't they be like Google and mail it in 2-3days -___-

ANYWAYS long story short, I think I will wait for the 256GB SSD promotion since upgrading to Windows 8 Pro isn't really worth saving $50.
    Once the 256GB SSD promo kicks in, you can be sure I will be the first one to order.

4. steveuae

steveuae Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I got my ful config I7 / 8g 512sd in 2 days from sony online it's only as you are asking for a fresh start that is considered custom build will it be 2 weeks. I m not sure but student discount maybe over now

5. e.v.o

e.v.o Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My VAIO won't wake up from deep sleep. Everything gets deleted. This laptop is a bunch of crap. You pay way over 1000€/$1000 and get a laptop with the baddest wlan since years and so many other bugs ... this must be a joke

This was my last Sony product. Ever.

6. e.v.o

e.v.o Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I also encounter a lot of bugs with 8.1 and since it works on the workstation it has something to do with the laptop itself. And well.. it's those stupid crappy Intel drivers which are coded by monkeys.

Here is my list on how to install the drivers "correctly":
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/son...ners-lounge-svp13-2013-a-171.html#post9369395

7. quickster94

quickster94 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can't believe I missed this, thanks!

8. GabrielKnight

GabrielKnight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Pleeeeease, I know I've asked this before but how did people who did a fresh install manage to get the screen brightness / projector F buttons to work? As far as I know I've downloaded all the drivers, but can only turn volume up or down : (

9. sillieidiot

sillieidiot Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    you can buy it from MS store online with a student discount too. their warranty services is miles better than sony.

10. hansskre

hansskre Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Uninstalling Vaio Care worked for me.

dkb194 likes this.