Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Vinod Hegde

Vinod Hegde Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bezel is the thin lining next around the screen, since you don't mind a black one on silver machine you should be fine.
    The silver keys are very good looking in person & may be you will like it better than black after a while!
    Unlike other Acers, S7 is a entirely different class but if u decide to buy it then buy the 2nd generation due to battery issue
    I have had the pleasure of using quite a few Thinkpads, Sony SZ, then some HP/Dell thanks to change in corporate policies Then Acer S7 at home etc. From Tomorrow onwards it will be Vaio Pro 13 (I5, 128, Black)!!.just manged to mine yesterday night only

2. Vinod Hegde

Reputations:
    Since this is forum , mostly people discuss doubts or when they have issues. there should be many people who are having good machines but they may not be discussing it in forum since no issues. if u go through the last 50 pages you might notice that many issues have been solved or a way around is already found. S 7 - make sure u choose the 2nd generation since battery is a bust on the first one, since i have both i personally prefer the vaio

3. sunnyd71

sunnyd71 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So how would you compare your s7 with the vaio pro? In terms of keyboard etc.

4. Ryuuga

Ryuuga Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What turned me away from Acer S7 is the weird keyboard (also its a little more heavy than Vaio)
    How would you compare the S7 with Vaio Pro??

5. mehdi.shahriari

mehdi.shahriari Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your reply. I also prefer the Vaio because of weight and design (like keyboard). So do you mean that you don't have any wifi problem with your wifi?

6. Vinod Hegde

Reputations:
    My S7 is first generation n not 2nd gen (2nd one has bit more higher travel). For first impression - for sure the vaio pro has more travel than S7. to be honest havent typed much on the pro yet, may be will know more after few days

7. Vinod Hegde

Reputations:
    Quick comparision - screen - both are gorgeous & far better than many screens on market
    Colour - S7 comes only in White but Pro comes in Black & silver, is matter of personal choice.
    Key board - pro has more travel & more "chiclet" type, while S7 is still a bit recessed, i prefer the Vaio
    Weight - 300gms difference is DEFINITELY noticeable
    Flex: Many complained about CF flex on Vaio , but to be honest , in daily use its not as bad as its shown on reviews.
    Battery life - No comparision at all as of now, S7 mostly 3 hours

8. Vinod Hegde

Reputations:
    At home actually i have no LAN whatsoever & rely solely on WIFI. After purchase , first i tried connecting at Sony store, it was OK. After i brought it home , connected to WIFI & used for about 2 hours downloading windows update (50+updates) followed by Vaio update (5-6) followed by manual bios update. As you can imagine the machine rebooted many times during this & every time connected automatically. i didn't notice much diff in speed in real use but haven't measured it against other machines. Not Using it much since no screen protector & no MS office until now. if any issues once i start using in next few days i will report ! Anyone has some easy link to to test it n compare?

9. Nickolai

Nickolai Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Why ask something that has been covered zillion times? The adapter is Intel N7260 and the question is answered almost every second page.

10. Nickolai

Nickolai Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guys, you have 80 pages of complaints in Sony community, negative reviews all over Amazon and Cnet, but there is always hope? BE warned for the last time: the WiFi has a FLOW. The fact that someone has bought the thing and it is downloading something from the internet does not cut it! If you want to leave with compromised WiFi or buy a USB wifi dongle - go on, spend your $$$ on a flowed product, because its light and nice looking. Entirely your choice.