Official Vaio Pro 13 Owners Lounge (SVP13 2013)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by oled, Jun 5, 2013.

?

If you had the option to choose between touch / non-touch with all its pros & cons, what model w

1. non-touch

148 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. touch

177 vote(s)
    52.5%
  3. no idea - you tell me what's good for me

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. szycha3h

szycha3h Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's what I've been waiting for ;) I'm sending back my vaio with extra battery and will order the one with bigger ssd.

Can sombody tell me how long does it take from the moment I let sony know what i'm planning to the moment they will send me my money back?

2. Slvrshot

Slvrshot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dont see anything about a free upgrade.

3. szycha3h

szycha3h Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There is an info on a polish site "double your ssd storage for free". But there also is an error - you can't select that, still there is an option to select a free extra battery. Called them today and they confirmed this mistake, promised this will be fixed tommorow.

4. jessie575

jessie575 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Silvershot, thanks once again. That's what I plan to get...I want 8 ram as its non upgradable...but between i7 and i5 I am not fussed....However, do you think that i5 wont be able to handle 8 gig of ram? I am not fussed with the SSD either, I have got two external hard drives that I have been carrying around with me for my Acer (80gig of drive !, 2 of ram, and lasted 6 years).
    I spoke with someone at the Sony store today, he also told me that warranty is available outside of the US (since I will be going back to Europe) and they will install all the drivers for me...I am happy someone didn't encounter any problems....I liked the Asus Zenbook at first, but this is lighter. Did you have issues with the fan also?

5. jessie575

Reputations:
    Thanks Wiclee! that's what I am gonna do, hopefully get it before the weekend and try it out. I rang up sony today but they don't have in store the 8 gig or ram ..only the basic 4, i5 and 128 SSD...so I have to order it with them, then drive to them again when delivered so they can install everything for me..fingers crossed that it will all work out..hopefully I will get the silver too :)

6. jessie575

Reputations:
    Wiclee, I am not a gamer but I do like 8 gig of ram cos I like to edit video clips and slideshows etc...I guess 8 is better no?

7. darck

darck Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That's definitely more future proof. The 4 Gb version should not even exists IMHO.

8. wiclee

wiclee Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ya! 8GB Ram is a must. Get i5 which is powerful enough for normal work and surfing. 128GB hard Drive is kind of limited considering the Recovery partition would have taken 23GB of space plus OS and Sony software, you don't have much space left. For a light portable machine like this one, you don't want to carry extra external Hard Drive with you all the time.

9. Topsoil

Topsoil Newbie

Reputations:
    Well just got mine today and wow the wifi. Using my old one here and getting 58Mbps steady. VP won't even connect. Has latest intel drivers on there.

10. jessie575

Reputations:
    Wiclee thanks....but I already carry an external hard drive...considering all the problems everyone is facing...I think I d go with 128 gig ssd.
    Fingers crossed the wifi will work tho...otherwise...cant think of an alternative so nice and light...maybe the asus?
    But I will first get the pro...