Official VAIO E Series Owners Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Metsn, Feb 3, 2010.

1. zakoh

zakoh Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Another happy EB-series user is reporting. After almost 7 years of use, my Sony VPCEB17FX is still running strong. The 1080p screen remains beautiful and it is actually better than 1080p screens on some 2017 models. I have upgraded the HDD, RAM, and CPU (to i5 480M), but kept the Windows 7 having observed the fsckup that "free" Windows 10 was. Even after having bought a replacement laptop, I can't get rid of this VAIO.

2. alexvaio1

alexvaio1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone been able to successfully run any fan control software on their VPC-E notebooks? I'm trying to develop a config for Notebook FanControl but am struggling to get it to work - I think the EC may need to be put into manual mode but haven't found a way to do it so far.

3. 88elite88

88elite88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you both ever clean your laptop parts, such as open up the case and clean the fan, etc. or is it part of your routine or not?

care to share us your experience thus let you have such laptop that could lasts that long...

4. RSEngine

RSEngine Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone upgraded their laptop wifi/bluetooth card yet? I upgraded mine to the Intel 7260 (7260.HMWG.R). The wifi works well, but the 7260's bluetooth doesn't show up in Device Manager. Only the Broadcom bluetooth works. I tried taping pin # 20, pin # 51, uninstalling existing drivers, turning off Bluetooth on Vaio Smart Connect, and even physically removing the original T77H114-BCM2070 bluetooth module but none of these worked. Has anyone been able to get their laptop to recognize 7260's bluetooth?