]]>

Official VAIO E Series Owners Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Metsn, Feb 3, 2010.

1. yakkwak

yakkwak Newbie

Reputations:
    Any E series-knowledgable out there willing to reply? Need feedback please on my Vaio Fit 15E (SVT 15328CXW) with i7-4500U, 1TB storage. So far, I really love it's speed, the RapidWake feature, and feel/spacing of the keyboard that is back-lit. Am having the following issues:
    1) after inactivity, keep getting kicked off of wi-fi. This was also happening on my HP Split 13x2 hybrid laptop/detachable tablet. Both laptops are Windows 8.1. HP successfully fixed my Split, but Sony failed to do so after two resets to earlier times, and checking the system remotely for over an hour. Do NOT have this wifi problem on my Android Nexus 7 LTE (in wifi mode, of course), nor on my iPhone, or my little 10" Gateway LT2802u, so my cable co. says is probably a Windows 8.1 problem.
    2) Second issue: touchscreen occasionally becomes unresponsive and cannot open charms to shut down properly.
    Any suggestions are appreciated. Glad I found this site!

2. vtswordfish

vtswordfish Newbie

Reputations:
    I figured this would be as good a place as any to post it, I have had a Sony Vaio (sve1712bcxb) for about a year and a half now, and recently noticed that two of the case screws have rattled loose. They are the corner case screws that hold where the screen hinges, so it's getting a bit precarious with opening and closing the screen. Anyone have any idea what the screw size is for those two? I thought someone might be able to help here! Thank you! Untitled-1.jpg

3. clark12

clark12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi i have a sony vaio E series sve11126CAW and i was looking for a disassembly guide any one have?

4. Pranalien

Pranalien VAIO USER

Reputations:
    Looks like my 4 year old Sony VAIO E series graphic card is failing. Vertical lines and artifacts are filling up the display and the lappy shuts down after 15 mins. Any suggestion on what to do since Sony has discontinued the VAIO?

5. SkIslam

SkIslam Newbie

Reputations:
    DearAll,
    I am new to this forum and not that expert in hardware.

I am doing someone a favour and trying to fix his laptop - Sony Vaio E series - VPCEA33EN. This has a backlight issue. Now before I go ahead buy another screen, I found this very useful forum and learned that a fuse might be the culprit.

So, I have opened up the laptop and got the MOBO out. Please can some one tell me which ine is the fuse and what should I do next.

Thanks to all.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo5u5l7p4069boc/20151010_165052.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w32vklgvjwmk2os/20151010_165042.jpg?dl=0

6. PommieD

PommieD Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  7. James101

James101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone here get the control center working in windows 10? I would like my batterycare function 80-50% and the fan option working.

8. James101

James101 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, after much trial and error I found SOAVCC-80271939-0082 works in win10 for vaio control center.
    SmartWi-Connection-Utility-4-9-4-20091005-2246 works too. But the brightness, function keys work, but very slow and no on screen display.
    If you guys find any other files that helps get windows 10 working better on our VPC-E, please post!

9. 88elite88

88elite88 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Been owning SVE1712BCXB for about 4yrs now, and today I my screen suddenly have green vertical lines *as seen in attachment*

What seem to be the problem? I never drop it or squeeze it and always handle my lappy with care...[​IMG]

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

10. MatteBlacke

MatteBlacke Newbie

Reputations:
    My E-Series is running great till now. Recently got win 10 Pro for it.

2010-17 7 Years of perfectness

EDIT - Model Number = VPCEA45FG