* OFFICIAL UL80VT and UL50VT / VS Owner's Lounge *

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by sighie, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mevatt

mevatt Newbie

Reputations:
    Have you had any issues with your computer freezing randomly since you upgraded to Windows 10?

2. eaferrari24

eaferrari24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No freezing, but my use is likely different than yours. I keep the device always on with dedicated graphics (nvidia). Those with freezing problems may be using the device normally and switching between integrated/dedicated or putting the device to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. amlana

amlana Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I am an UL50VT user willing to upgrade from Win 7 to Windows 10 and by reading your useful posts here I am so far excited with the good news!

However, I am not any advanced user, perhaps just an intermediate. I would like to ask for help on how to safely install Windows 10 in my UL50VT.

From what I understood so far, is this what I should do?
    1. In Windows 7, uninstall everything about NVIDIA (all drivers);
    2. Proceed to install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool;
    3. Install the NVIDIA drivers for Windows 8.1;
    4. Block all updates to avoid NVIDIA updating its drivers.

Is that correct?

If not, could someone post a tutorial here? That would help a lot other Asus users who are coming here in this forum to search for instructions on how to upgrade to Windows 10.

Thank you guys so much for your help!

Kind regards

4. francogaming

francogaming Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yes i believe nvidia controls HDMI not intel
    yes nvidia controls HDMI not intel windows 10 don't got support for g210m nvidia so HDMI wont work i think .

5. francogaming

Reputations:
    all i want is nvidia new drivers for windows 7 i'm not interested in windos ten yet ill install windows ten in 6 months to a yr after all the bug are fix some what i never use intel video card all do is gaming on my laptop and it's getting hot it shuts off but i fix it made holes and put new fans all over but please if any one knows anything about new drivers for windows 7 please answer me thanks 1967kid

6. francogaming

Reputations:
    Hello, i made the mistake and deleted the factory install f9 key part , i had the dvd back ups but can't find them like i really need help here please email me /1967kid@gmail,com\ please i realy need to fix my laptop thank you very much yes i got my key its the only thing i got .

7. francogaming

Reputations:
    im sorry in im starting to be a pain

8. woopwoop

woopwoop Newbie

Reputations:
    If you don't find your recovery disks, you can reinstall Windows 7 by using a stock Windows 7 image. Just make sure, that you get a version, that matches your key, probably Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit in your language. Maybe somebody you know has one, or you download it from a somewhat trustworthy site on the internet. Microsoft doesn't provide images of older Windows versions to retail customers for some reason. After the installation, you'll have to manually install some drivers from the Asus support page.

Depending on what happened to your notebook, you might also be able to avoid a reinstall by using the repair function of the Windows disk.

9. bacon612

bacon612 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can someone test HDMI output while nvidia discrete graphics are enabled, please?

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What issue are you looking for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.