* OFFICIAL UL80VT and UL50VT / VS Owner's Lounge *

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by sighie, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookem11

bookem11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am having the same problem with the same computer after installing windows 10...

2. real_rover

real_rover Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for this great answer. However, I don't quite understand how to enter safe mode having black screen with a mouse pointer. Any instructions? Thanks.

3. lucifer_hunter

lucifer_hunter Newbie

Reputations:
    Just cold boot manually the computer 3 times, it will give u options to to enter safe mode.

4. alexxfender

alexxfender Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same problem.. Black screen with movable cursor after update from win8pro.. is there a way to disable Nvidia from BIOS or hardware

5. rockingfreely

rockingfreely Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there! So I can confirm that this forum was very helpful, as I have been using windows 10 on my ASUS UL50VT for a week!! Really happy as it works very smooth and have not had any issues with it so far. Performance and functionality works excellent, besides a couple of issues I’ve listed in question 2.

1. I’m a noob when it comes to understanding how this is actually all working. Can someone please explain how I am actually seeing my screen without NVIDIA? Am I running off the safe display driver or something like that that’s built in by default? I’m confused on how this is even working… 3d games so far seem to play fairly well. I am able to play ASPHALT 8, a windows app game that I downloading and it runs great, but I am not sure how this actually happening. How I am actually seeing anything on the screen for that matter without NVIDIA?

2. HDMI issue that I am having and SCREEN MIRRORING not working/connected? I cannot connect to any TV via HDMI or Screen Mirror. I’m assuming this has something to do with no NVIDIA drivers. Is this correct? The HDMI does not recognize any device when I look under display settings. This is the biggest bummer so far! Also, I have a roku TV that allows for screen mirroring and my computer does recognize and see that it is there under connections, but cannot figure out how to actually mirror my computer to the TV. I’m assuming this has something to do with WIDI, however I know that this computer does have Bluetooth, so would it be possible to somehow connect wirelessly?

I’ve been searching everywhere so far and have not been able to find anything about HDMI or screen mirroring that is useful for my situation. Any advice or comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

6. francogaming

francogaming Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well i got my asus ul50vt in 2009 never had a problem and i'm a gamer yes for games everything got to be on low setting and ausus never have new drivers that's the only problem i got with them like right now the g210m nvidia card is not compatible with windows 10 so were stuck with windows 7 witch i don't got a problem with but they can make new drivers for the video card at least all drivers are old but yes everything works fine its my 1st laptop and my last i will build a new gaming rig soon , and asus ul50vt rocks i love this laptop .

7. francogaming

Reputations:
    remember asus ul50vt got two video cards maybe u running on the intel video card not the nvidia that's the only reason i won't upgrade to windows 10 i play fps games i need the nvidia card intel card is for low 3d games, im very happy you got windows 10 working god bless you enjoy, 1967kID

8. francogaming

Reputations:
    go to Device Manager and you can do it there hope this helps you

9. rockingfreely

rockingfreely Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Franco for you reply. Your answer sounds right as to why I am able to see what is on my screen without any NVIDIA drivers. I can tell you that the new Windows 10 is definitely worth it. My computer seems much faster than before and has a lot of cool features that Windows 7 does not have. You certain that you would not be able to play those lower end games with the new Windows 10; that’s a shame, I would look it to that and make sure, because I think the tradeoff is well worth it!

Yes I’m messed with Device Manager, no bueno.

Now my questions?***

1. Do my NVIDIA drivers have anything to do with HDMI?

2. Anybody able to mirror link with the UL50VT yet?

10. rockingfreely

rockingfreely Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Franco for your reply. Your answer sounds right as to why I am able to see what is on my screen without any NVIDIA drivers. I can tell you that the new Windows 10 is definitely worth it. My computer seems much faster than before and has a lot of cool new features that Windows 7 does not have. Are you certain that you would not be able to play those lower end games with the new Windows 10; that’s a shame, I would look it to that and make sure, because I think the trade off is well worth it! So far I have not ran into any issues with any games. I can even hook up my xbox one controller and play games with that via USB; I can also stream games on my PC from xbox, which is pretty cool!

Yes I’m messed with Device Manager, no bueno.

Now my questions?***

1. Do my NVIDIA drivers have anything to do with HDMI?

2. Anybody able to mirror link with the UL50VT yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.