* OFFICIAL UL80VT and UL50VT / VS Owner's Lounge *

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by sighie, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flashbackk

flashbackk Newbie

Reputations:
    My power button pushed in too far today and broke. I can barely get it to turn on.
    Is this a known issue or is it just me?

I may have to fix it myself as it looks like they are saying it is damage caused by the user..... I guess I turned it on too much..... shhhhessssh

I may need a dis-assembly manual.

ul80vt-a2

2. gedsdead

gedsdead Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I like my Agility 3 with my UL80VT. No major problems. The odd bluescreen, but I'm sure thats the ancient video drivers above all.
    No problems with Hibernate / Suspend
    Make sure your running the latest Bios (or fairly current release) and AHCI mode is set in Bios

3. Sputnick69

Sputnick69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just replaced my Vertex 2 with a Samsung 830 SSD. Finally my laptop can sleep & hibernate without any problems.
    I will newer buy a OCZ product again!

4. adira

adira Newbie

Reputations:
    can ul80vt wx002v upgrade memory up to 8GB?

5. eaferrari24

eaferrari24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am running 8gb or ram... unfortunately 1333 is down-clocked to 1000-ish... you can boost it to 1100-1150 using setfsb (shareware version), but thats pushing it to the max

this is the ram i bought
    Newegg.com - G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-8GBSQ

I just installed windows 8 consumer preview on this, and everything is running smoothly other than a few video refresh bugs that I know are due to the old nvidia drivers :\ not sure what to do. windows 8 developer preview worked flawlessly with the drivers available to us

**EDIT**
    Okay i got something stable going... after a few days of toying around...
    Ive peaked at around a 12 hour battery life by downclocking the processor below 1ghz. the laptop runs smoothly for office suite. I had powerpoint, publisher, and word opened with no indications of slow downs.

Ive also overclocked to 1.95ghz and the increase has actually been fairly noticeable and stable. It also sped up the ram and I broke the 6.0 WEI barrier on this laptop!

[​IMG]

6. squall89

squall89 Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anynone mount on UL50VT a ssd instead of hard disk, and simultaneously an hard disk into dvd slot?
    Is it possibile?
    Have I purchase an adaptor?

thanks

7. Ghorgar

Ghorgar Newbie

Reputations:
    I am following this thread a few months, and it is very useful. I am the happy owner of Asus UL80VT, and I am thinking about to upgrade my Asus with backlit keyboard. I found very useful articles here about upgrading UL30VT, but none about UL80VT backlit keyboard modification. Fortunately, I found a great pictures of Asus UL80VT backlit keyboard mod at: Photo Gallery

Is there any lucky owner of UL80VT with backlit keyboard?

8. NDMr

NDMr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. NDMr

NDMr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A bit late to follow up on this, but I'm running a Crucial M4 In the main drive bay, and I'm using a standard universal drive bay adapter 9.5mm, I have my stock 500gb 5400rpm drive running in their, and it works flawlessly.

10. Caskerville

Caskerville Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, guys. So I'd like to reinstall Windows 7 64 on my UL80VT. What is the recommended minimum driver/software to install after reinstalling windows? And is there any particular order or anything else I should know when doing a fresh windows install on this guy?

I'm also curious if there is any reliable way of getting the UL80VT to recognize and output on an external HDTV via HDMI. I've never been able to get it to work and now, I'm in a situation where it would be really, really, really, nice if it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.