*OFFICIAL* - Studio 15 Delievery date + Delay Thread

Discussion in 'Dell' started by vrevo, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juddd8

juddd8 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    actually i got mine today(tuesday) - the logistics company mucked up my order. Anyway, I'm trying to forget the pain, anger and suffering from waiting 42 days for my laptop. I've spent all night trying to remove all the bloatware as per the sticky thread. Apparently there's a lot of bloatware!

2. Forcemaster

Forcemaster Newbie

Reputations:
    Ordered mine on the 19th with an estimated delivery of 16th October. Hopefully it'll be here earlier, mine went into production as soon as it was ordered pretty much.

Anyone else from the UK experiencing similar times?

3. rynobu

rynobu Newbie

Reputations:
    YEAH! I ordered a Studio 17 though. Ordered it on 15/09/08, Got an Estimated Delivery Date of 29/09/08, then got a Revised Delivery Date of 05/11/08! I contacted them to enquire about cancelling (ordered for sons birthday 10th October), they said they would charge a percentage of the cost to cancel!!! I have been held to ransome!:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

4. stannersc

stannersc Newbie

Reputations:
    I have exactly the same as you. ordered studio 17 on 14/09/08 (so only day before) got edd of 29/09/08, then got revised to 05/11/08.

I just emailed to complain, asked for a free upgrade. So i will see what they come back with.

On a side note i thought dell didnt charge to cancel?

5. Nick Lawson

Nick Lawson Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    God this sucks I ordered on the 6th of September just got off the phone form Dell and they said there is a delay on the touchpad and building will commence on 3rd of OCTOBER easily looking at over a month. :/

6. Ganesh Ranganathan

Ganesh Ranganathan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thats outrageous :mad: :mad: ...Dell cant charge you for cancelling an order which they have delayed by over a month..call them up and threaten to sue them..I am sure they will either let you cancel your order or atleast give you a free upgrade or extended warranty...

Thats real late....:( ..I ordered mine on the 1st of September and got it on the 16th...:D

7. DPUDGER

DPUDGER Newbie

Reputations:
    Is this a record?
    Studio 1535
    Ordered 27/8/08 with delivery 3/5 Business days.
    Order confirmation gave EDD of 16/9/08
    On Sept 13th delivery revised to 29/9/08
    On Sept 26th delivery revised to NOVEMBER 11th altough on the same date the salesperson rang to guarantee that I would have it today!
    Guess what - no truck outside yet, site shows Nov 5th.
    Salesman not returning calls this week and another person says they will 'prioritise' it.

Anyone recommend a good alternative that is available.
    By the way I am less than 30 miles from Dells plant in Limerick.
    Dell and customer service do not belong in the same sentence!

8. mulan_nasil

mulan_nasil Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey is anyone experiencing the same problem as me
    i ordered a studio 15 in plum : 3rd sept 2008
    1st EDD: 23rd sept 2008
    2nd EDD: 8th Oct 2008
    and today

3rd EDD: 31st oct 2008!!!!

What the heck is going on with my order!!!!!
    i checked on the order status and it says it's in production!!! It's been in production for over a month now!

This is ridiculous, surely it's not normal for my order to be delayed so many times!

I'm not sure whether i should wait it out or just cancel because i do really really want that laptop but these delays are frustrating me so much

9. lawcha

lawcha Newbie

Reputations:
    ordered : 9/12
    ESD : 10/3

REVISED : 10/31

emailed them what the cause was, simply said it was shortage of parts

Next Day, phoned in and canceled.

Absolutely pathetic of dell to be continually selling these Studio Laptops when they KNOW BEFOREHAND that they do not have the parts. Isn't this a crime? Its been a trend seeing these posts on here.

And heck, Dell is continually advertising "deals" on these Studio Laptops when they know they can't ship them out.

Been a loyal fan and customer of Dell, now it doesn't seem I will be purchasing them from a long time.

Bought the same exact HP computer without the Radeon 3450 video card for the same price. I'm losing money but heck, I needed a laptop and Dell certainly ain't stealing my money.

10. rynobu

rynobu Newbie

Reputations:
    Please post results of free upgrade if and when you eventualy hear from Dell!
    I didn't think they charge either, but they have locked a deposit on the credit card. I got told they will take that if cancelled!
    Oh well...only 23 days to wait :) !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.