*** OFFICIAL Steam Games Deals Thread ***

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by crash, Feb 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wall_street

wall_street Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Man, I haven't had that feeling in a long time. I've hoped for it with a few newer titles and it didn't really happen.

Galm likes this.
  3. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    My current wishlist:
    Untitled.jpg

Probably gonna grab those Cities Skylines add-ons and be done with it. Still haven't finished Prey, LISA, and Wildlands.

4. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Deus Ex I watched my friend play. Too... like edge-lordy for me lol but I agree it was a good game. And I have Doom. Its pretty good, but has no X Factor.

5. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    The new DX games trigger this weird nostalgia with me, but I'm not sure what it's nostalgia for. It's not the originals, they're not similar enough. But there's just something about them. Maybe a movie or book or something but can't place it.

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    The Criminal Past DLC was reminiscent, to me at least, of the original Deus Ex in terms of gameplay and atmosphere, particularly when I was doing my initial no kills, no augs playthrough. Completing that was imminently satisfying, but one of the hardest gaming tasks I've ever completed.

7. Tanner@XoticPC

Reputations:
    Oh man, I can't even imagine. Though I wouldn't try it myself, the augs are my favorite part.

8. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Lol not gonna lie hardest thing I've probably done is a modded terraria boss called Yharon. It was like 15 minutes straight of fighting with friend where you need crazy communication and reflexes. He can two shot any character in the game that you make... and you have to last through 650,000 enemy health when you can only deal a few hundred at a time.

It took so many tries...

9. Scanner

Scanner Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I going to limit myself to 100USD. I'm looking at:

-Just Cause 3 & DLC

-2 TellTales Walking Dead titles

-Wildlands

Where, oh where will the time to play them come from. This doesn't even take into account all the goodies from E3

10. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Do you mean first and second? If so then I would suggest not to look at it if you actually believe into "the game's story is defined by your decicions" or whatever BS is implied by the game. At least I would choose only the first max (it contains good atmosphere after all and is not as bad as S2 IMO).
    It's written that "game adapts to your choices" which actually is what it is: whatever decision you make this game adjusts so that the final endgame would be the same while looking like a fluent story.
    ME: Andromeda was criticized for dialogs and stupid lines where you are given 2 unacceptably bad choices while you would logically choose some third option. It's kinda the same thing in WD. I just feel sorrow for all the time I spent deciding what to do or say which would have zero impact when it matters.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017