Official Sony VPC-Z2 (VAIO Z 2011) Series Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by SPEEDwithJJ, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lalami1990

lalami1990 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

Random question here. Does anyone know where I can get the official Vaio Z case from (VGP-CKZ3)? I'm really desperate for one. I'm looking for one either new or a used one in a good condition. Thanks :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. PLANTONE

PLANTONE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. JarthuronS

JarthuronS Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm using VPCZ217GH upgrade from pre-install Windows7Pro to Windows10 via Microsoft Media Creation Tools(by select upgrading option). I was upgraded by not connecting PMD first. and connected again after finish upgrade. The UI is more friendly when adjusted UI text size. Generally every things fine.

I found some problem list as following
    1) At first, go to your Device Manager. I found that SD Card reader(Realtek PCIE Card Reader) driver was got a yellow !.
    So, just right click on it and select Update Driver Software -> Search Automatically for updated driver software (Make sure you connected to internet). this will fix this problem.
    2) ATI Driver will was not recognize. After I connect PMD first time. So, do the same as 1).
    3) Go to your Vaio service website(Difference in every region. Mine is Asia Pacific) and download VaioCare 8.XXX. Install it.
    4) Sometime If you cannot adjust your brightness(by pressing Fn+F5/F6), go to check at Device manager. You can found that Monitors driver(Flat Panel) sometime disable it self( I don't know why).
    Just right click on it and select Enable.
    5) Finger Print reader and Truesuit are not working properly. This will include that you can not using finger print reader in logon screen
    also if you try to setup finger print logon in Windows Hello. It will said something wrong. I still cannot solve this.
    6) Undock Bottom cannot use when we want to undock PMD (Not thing happen when pressed and Undock option is not in Power menu at the place we want to Shutdown or Restart).
    Only one way to do is to Shutdown. I still cannot solve this and I think this is important to me because I usually undock from my desk go to discuss works and come back to my desk at my office.
    7) When shutdown, Blue LED at PMD connector not going off.
    8) At first 2 days, I got problem that system freezed at logon screen then need to press down the power bottom to turn it off. I don't know why but this problem is disappear after I'm using it for 3-4 days.

I'm still looking for solution of problem 6-7. If some one can help. Thank you.

My system is
    VAIO Z - VPCZ217GH
    Intel® Core™ i7-2640M Processor
    8GB DDR3 SDRAM
    256 GB(Samsung Raid SSD 128+128)
    13.1 inch wide (Full HD: 1920x1080)
    PMD with Blu-ray Burner
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6650M 1 GB DDR3

4. civicsir

civicsir Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi

I have the VPCZ227GG and installed Windows 10 as an upgrade. The PMD works for me with the undocking button and the blue light turns off when shutting down. I just don't know how to get the AMD GPU to run for games etc. Does the external GPU work in Windows 10? and how can you tell? The driver appears in Device Manager as AMD Radeon 6700M Series,but I cant seem to use it. Display properties just shows the Windows Basic Display Adapter settings.

Does the AMD GPU work under windows 10? Also the brightness control does not work for me under basic adapter.

May switch back to Windows 7 if the external GPU doesn't work.

5. Qwaarjet

Qwaarjet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My wife's Z2 recently developed SSD issues. She uses it at work, was getting blue screens and what not, so she brought it home. I found out the SSD was seemingly on its way out. Sequential write speed was about 40mb/s, pretty terrible. Backed up and secure erased the drive, got writes back up to 140 but obviously to slow still.

Instead of buying a replacement 128gb or 256gb, I decided to buy myself a 512GB drive for my SVZ and donate to her my perfectly good 256gb SATA 3 (6.0Gb/s) drive. Her 128gb was SATA 2 (3.0 Gb/s)

Here are the benchmarks before and after on her Z2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. shadowoflight

shadowoflight Newbie

Reputations:
    I've got a ckz3 i might consider selling since I mostly put the z2 in my bag now. not used it for months. It's in reasonably good condition, but with visible scuffing . I'd say a 7-8 out of 10. do pm me, for more info if you're really interested.

also considering selling my z2 and its accessories, either together or separately (bpsc27 extended battery, PMD, etc.)

Re: windows 10, any improvements for battery life? I use chrome and can only get 3.5hrs out of it now =\ will consider upgrading to win10 now if there's a useful increase in battery life.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  7. PLANTONE

PLANTONE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well my sheet battery is only showing 0% now after charging all night?
    I have it off for long periods and was 80% max now 0%???????
    The orange light on front is blinking? this used to stay on when charging and then turn green?
    Far left corner of keyboard.....
    Main battery 100% to 86% as I type this post in power save mode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.