1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Official Sony VAIO TT Series Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by boe, Oct 1, 2008.

1. doby_p

doby_p Newbie

I'm currently trying to source the right hinge cap (400070903/2/1) and the power button (X23186872) for reasonable prices. None on ebay :( and I refuse to buy at the prices online component shops charge. Some come in fairly reasonable but then charge nearly £10 delivery... for what, a 5 gram piece of plastic.

I'm in the process of molding and casting the left hinge cap to make a right, it wont have the light up ring but whatever, its going to cost me under a quid to do. Can't do that with the power button though as I don't have one to make a mould from :/

2. Rachel

Rachel Busy Bee

It's been a while since you posted doby_p. I have ordered things from this company in the past and found that things were decently priced. I don't know if they have in stock the parts that you mentioned.
    UK-Computers Online Catalogue, Accessories, Audio Visual, Components, Connectivity, Consumables, Furniture, Office Equipment & Supplies, Peripherals, Software, Systems, Telecommunication, Training and Reference material , Warranties

eta
    I just checked and the power button at least looks like it is available. I'm not sure how much they would charge for shipping for that, but when i used them i was ok with the shipping costs.
    X23186872, Sony, Electrical Parts, UK-Computers

3. TZ300

TZ300 Notebook Evangelist

Hi, I have replaced my Toshiba HDD with a SSD. Now I want to access the Toshiba HHD. I have a usb adapter attached to the HDD, but when I plug it into the TT usb port, I can hear the HDD try to spin up for a few times, but it never show in the device manager. What do I need to do to get my TT to recognize the external usb HDD?

4. ritzo90

ritzo90 Newbie

Try another pc, if that does not work then the USB adapter to micro sata isn't working/compatible.

5. ritzo90

ritzo90 Newbie

I have also run into a spot of bother. By bother, I mean I will continue to hate pulling apart laptops for as long as I live.

I began the process of dismantling my in-laws Vaio TT, and I had all the screws out but the top right area where it connects to the hinge was stiff. I tried to get it to release with a lot of patience but I made a mistake and I've ripped a data ribbon. I was lift the keyboard side up to see where why it was stuck and it tore.

It looks pretty important because it connects to a board on the keyboard side which a lot of other connections go to. Looks like without it the sound, touch pad and keyboard are gone.

See pictures here: Damn... - Imgur
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know where I can get the ribbon cable or does anyone have a cable that they wanted to sell?

6. kendallj

kendallj Notebook Consultant

Ebay: Sony Vaio 11" VGN TT Series Genuine Keyoard Touchpad Ribbon 1 878 120 11 GLP | eBay

Another: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SONY-FP...055?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4adbc8548f

7. ritzo90

ritzo90 Newbie

Thank you for your help. It helped me confirm I had the right part.

After some ordeal, the wrong part sent (correct part ordered) and the original drive backup was corrupted (the drives almost gone anyway but working on getting the emails and photos off with a micro sata adapter on its way).

I'm happy to report the SSD works wonders, it's a beauty. The laptop preforms better than new. On par for general use with my Ultrabook.

Thanks for all the help and info guys.