Official Sony Vaio Fit multi-flip PC Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by big_boss, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jawadali

Jawadali Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

I am finally getting around to upgrading my Flip 14A to have an SSD and a dual-band wireless-AC Wi-Fi card.

I plan to remove the original Hard Drive and leave it the way it is, and perform a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SSD. This was upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 and then finally Windows 10.

Is there any way to re-download or save off the pre-installed software (like ArtRage or the Sony audio/video studios)? Is there any value in doing so, or does the latest Windows 10 updates contain nearly equivalent software?

Thanks!

2. Jawadali

Jawadali Newbie

Reputations:
    Update - need help:

Yesterday morning, I installed the SSD and the new Wi-Fi card, and now the laptop does not boot. I haven't fully reassembled the bottom cover yet.

The battery indicator LED used to light up in amber when plugged into AC power. Then, pressing the power button would turn off this LED, but the LED would turn back on when the power button was released. Either way, the laptop would not boot.

I left it plugged in for a few hours, and in the evening, no LEDs turn on when plugged in. The power button doesn't seem to do anything.

I have tried all combinations of removing and replacing both the new and old Wi-Fi card and Hard Drive/SSD, and nothing seems to work.

I also tried pressing the "pinhole" power reset button on the motherboard a few times, as well as removing and re-seating the battery multiple times.

The only thing I haven't tried is fully reattaching the bottom cover with only the old components.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

The last time the laptop wouldn't boot (a few years ago), re-seating the battery fixed it.