]]>

Official Sony Vaio Fit multi-flip PC Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by big_boss, Oct 13, 2013.

1. thefear

thefear Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello! could someone help me? i own SVF13N1A4RB laptop. and ready to update ssd in it. but i cant figure out if my laptop supports M.2 PCI-E drives or only M.2 SATA?

2. rvb1

rvb1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well, I don't know if anyone looks at the forum any more, but I have a SVF13N27PXB which I am running Windows 10 on. It is working very well, except every time there is a windows update, on restart it freezes on the Vaio logo screen. I then manually turn it off by holding in the power button and restart it. On restart, the update continues and installs with no problem. I guess it is a minor issue, but I would like to know if anyone else has this same problem, and if they have figured out a way to prevent this from happening.

3. c19932

c19932 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I have a Vaio flip 13 SVF13N13CXB. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 but I get stuck at the Vaio booting screen when the laptop restarts during the installation.
    At first, I did a system recovery to revert my laptop back to factory settings. Then, once the laptop boots into stock windows 8, I upgraded everything possible in the Vaio update app. Finally, I downloaded the Windows 10 upgrade installer from www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
    The installer downloaded the necessary file, and during the install process the laptop restarted. It was then my laptop got stuck at the Vaio screen, even after several reboots.

If anyone could give me some insight on how to properly upgrade to Windows 10 I would really appreciate it. Am I using the right windows 10 upgrade file?

4. yousaf2k

yousaf2k Newbie

Reputations:
    I need recovery of the Vaio Fit 15A. Can someone provide me the link to download recovery or can someone upload the recovery. I will be very thankfull.

5. bc4m5

bc4m5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @yousaf2k
    I have a Vaio Fit 15A as well. My 2cents is to just do a fresh Win10 x64 install. Then just install the Sony custom drivers for system components - Sony Firmware Extension Parser, Hotkey Utilities. For rest of the hardware, the Win10 install will take care of them.

If you want to install the VAIO support and utility software, you need to install the Sony Shared library before you install any of the VAIO software. The AUstralian site is more friendly in the sense that it allows you to filter for original drivers - which is what you need. Since you're rebuilding, use 64bit drivers as much as possible. This means you have to use Win x64 OS.

You can get the drivers from the links below. If you want to install the drivers, download the oldest ones. They contain the full installs. The later ones are patches. They won't work unless the original software is installed.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/mode...te_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/SVF15N15ST/list#

http://www.sony.com.au/support/product/svf15n28pg

FWIW, I did a fresh install of Win10 on my Fit when Win10 was officially released. You can search this thread for the notes I posted.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  6. rvb1

rvb1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's nice to see a little support for such an old computer. Just got a bios update for my SVF13N27PXB.

7. DoKaTSuYa

DoKaTSuYa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What's new with it ?? you're running W10, less bugs ?

Should I update the bios ? I'm on Windows 8.1

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. mobytoby

mobytoby Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any has a link to the SVF15N2 service manual?

9. bc4m5

bc4m5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If you need the manual to do some upgrades, Sony posted a teardown video before...

mobytoby likes this.
  10. yousaf2k

yousaf2k Newbie

Reputations:
    I have Sony Vaio Fit 15A model SVF15N17CXB , I bought stylus VGP STD2 but its not detecting and working.
    I installed clean Windows 10 X64 and Vaio Control Center and all the Windows 10 Drivers available from Sony Website.