Official Sony Vaio F22 2D Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Installed Win 10 this week, and the only problem that I have encountered (besides not liking it) is that it does not play nice with the Synaptics touchpad driver. Neither Sony nor Synaptics have provided a Win 10 driver as of yet.

2. ragnor

ragnor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone else updated to Win10? Thoughts?

3. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Been running 10 for a few months now. I upgraded because this chassis seems bulletproof and the 2nd gen i7 will probably be relevant for some time. That said, I hate the OS and much prefer Win7. As far as how it runs -I suppose it's OK especially considering that it isn't supported by Sony. The most annoying problems seem to be with the network card and the touchpad. Thankfully, windows isn't still using a ridiculous amount of resources for major updates on a daily basis anymore. Overall I would consider win10 a necessary evil moving forward, one which is at least tolerable on this F23.

4. barthchris

barthchris Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a VPC F232 FX, I did the win 10 upgrade when it was first available. I had no problems, everything went smooth. Granted, I don't use it much anymore since I upgraded to a Sager np8268s. I will say that I do miss the sony display, even though the Sager has a 1080p display that I calibrated, the Sony's display has better colors.

One thing that bothered me about the Sony was the touchpad. First, it was hard to get used to because it is flush with the hand rest. Even though it has a slight texture, it was hard to tell where it started and stopped, having the touchpad slightly recessed would have helped tremendously. Second, after a while the touchpad texture wore off, it happen pretty fast, much faster than others that I've had, this made the first problem even worse.

Other than the touchpad issues it served me fine for the time I used it. I did like my older Vaio FW series better, that machine was a classic, great industrial design, probably the best Vaio series ever IMO.

Now that my new laptop has a SSD I realize I should have invested in one on the Sony. Man! What a difference they make. Literally 8 seconds from power on to having my Chrome homepage pulled up. I could never go back now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.