Official Sony Vaio F22 2D Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, just the screw which releases the drive from the chassis. Removing the back of the laptop is no trouble, and you should be doing that anyway to ensure the fan is clean, so that your rig runs cool, preserving its life.

ragnor likes this.
  2. maveeeee

maveeeee Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi

My VPCF2's adapter is almost dead, I want to buy a new one but the official sony site only lists two models, and only one of them is 19V:
    VGP-AC19V74 AC-adapter -> VGP-AC19V74 | VAIO® computers | Sony

Now is VGP-AC19V74 compatible with my current Vaio VPCF2 / F22 2D?

Current adapter:

[​IMG]

Adapter from link:

[​IMG]

On vaios website it lists: VAIO® Fit 13A (SVF13N***), VAIO® Tap 11 (SVT112**) as compatible models only.

3. ragnor

ragnor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok, I could extract my optical drive and replace it with an SSD (I put the SSD in the HDD bay and the old HDD in the optical bay).
    It was pretty easy; the only problem was extracting the faceplate of the drive; one click was damaged and I broke it.

Now, today I've tried to replace the thermal paste. I remove all the screws, and I couldn't take the back case off.
    The area around HDD and optical bay is very easy, but it get stucked around the kensington port / AC plug / vent area. Around the touchpad there are some small clicks that seems very fragile and I didn't want to break.

Which is the best way to disassemble this? I think that the logical is to start with the optical bay, and the hinge, and then take it off towards the touchpad. Is that right?
    How can I take off that kensington / AC plug area? It was really stuck there. I've tried with some screw and plastic cards, and it didn't move.

Can anyone do some explanation or video about the process?
    You will save me!

4. Gabrielgvs

Reputations:
    Look back within this thread. Obviously , you have to make sure you remove all of the screws, including the ones in the battery compartment, the three flat at the mouth of the optical bay, as well as the hidden one underneath the black plug on the front, underneath the touchpad buttons. After you are sure you have all of them out, just use a precision flat-head screw driver to gently release the tabs all around the perimeter of the plastic.

ragnor likes this.
  5. ragnor

ragnor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for that tip! I didn't see that hidden screw.

Finally I could replace the thermal paste. The noise has decreased a lot, and now the temperature is around 50C instead of 65-70C like before.
    Really nice. It's like having a new computer!

Regards!

6. demberel

demberel Newbie

Reputations:
    hi i recently installed win 8 on my laptop. but i want to install back to win 7. and how can i install win 7 via recovery without losing all partition and files

7. alfaunits

alfaunits Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So... my sister's exactly 2-year old VPCF22 just stopped responding completely :( No light on power on (try to power on...). We tried pulling out the battery, "powering on" (without the A/C) just to clear any residual charge, and then connected the A/C... no go :(

Any clues what I should check before sending it off to a repair center? The thing is we don't have an official Sony presense here, so I am not even confident they can fix it correctly, so I would at least want to see what I can do. (I won't be changing the motherboard/CPU/GPU or anything of the sort, but I want to make sure what the problem is rather, and most probably send it off to Austria for repairs).

8. Gabrielgvs

Reputations:
    Did the battery have a charge the last time it was used? Does the power brick's green led light up when plugged in? Wondering if the A/C jack isn't toast, resulting in both a dead battery and no current.

9. alfaunits

alfaunits Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The battery had charge, it was on A/C and just stopped working. It (adapter) does light up green, but the laptop does not.

10. Gabrielgvs

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.