Official Sony Vaio F22 2D Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    I use a Logitech USB wireless mouse and I use headphones on a regular basis. Not once have I run into the sort of interference you describe.

2. Berru

Berru Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,
    I´m seriously considering buying a Sony Vaio F23 series the only thing thats been holding me up are the reported fan noise issues...
    I currently own a HP DV6 and while doing light tasks such as web browsing the fan literaly doesnt make any noise at all.

Btw has anyone used design programs on the F23 or F22? Wonder how it performs on 3d Max and rendering speed on Vray, Revit, etc.

Thanks

3. f12zl3

f12zl3 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with my F23. I've used Sony bluetooth Keyboard VGP-BKB1, Sony bluetooth slider mouse VGP-BMS10, and Microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000. I'm upgrading from the FW and I didn't have this problem using the same devices. I don't have the same problem your having with the trackpad though. Do you think it could be from the A2DP (2.1 + EDR) radio? The previous models used bluetooth 3.0. I was wondering if you fixed the issue?

4. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Fan on my f233fx/b is silent unless gaming or benchmarking.

5. tekniiq

tekniiq Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    do the f23 and f22 have the same display? i'm pretty sure the f22 has the ips screen but what about the f23?
    also is it hard to install extra ram? extra ssd?
    edit:is the onboard audio card (alc275) high def? doesn't seem so from its name :( which is pretty disappointing for a media/ desktop replacement computer.

6. lessmoneymoreprobs

lessmoneymoreprobs Newbie

Reputations:
    Does it make a difference if you only use one of them at a time, as in not mouse + keyboard together? What about usb wireless receiver mouse or keyboard? I'm using another laptop now so not the F12 nor the F22 but I think they use the same bluetooth whatever it may be, unless I'm mistaken. The F12 has no problem.

Wouldn't 2.1 be downgrading the Bluetooth profile? Shouldn't this be at least a 3.0 if not a 4.0? Is this something that can be altered through a firmware type change or software or is this purely a hardware thing?

I haven't fixed the issue yet. I had wanted to do a restore to factory settings to see if it changed anything in case it was some driver or firmware issue (b/c I'm not sure if this problem was there since the beginning or not, as I only started using earphones with it after I had used the computer and updated firmware and drivers). I haven't contacted Sony yet. Have you? Was this a problem when you first started using it when it was new?

Again, if this is not isolated I'm not sure why more ppl aren't posting about it or noticing it.

7. f12zl3

f12zl3 Newbie

Reputations:
    It makes no difference whether I use just one or both devices at once. A usb wireless or wired mouse does not have the same problem. I noticed even with bluetooth devices disconnected, just having the wireless switch on gives a very quite and faint pulse (similar to a clock tick) through the headphones. Its almost unnoticeable.

I doubt a factory reset will correct the issue. I just got this laptop and have been having this issue straight out the box. I tried reinstalling the bluetooth drivers and software, and it didn't fix anything.

I'm also surprised no one else is reporting this which leads me to believe its not a firmware or driver issue. I could be and I hope that I'm wrong about this. I have not contacted Sony yet but we really should bring this to Sony's attention. I'm puzzled as to why they would decide to include an older version of bluetooth in their newer models????? Anyways, I'll keep yall posted on the issue.

8. MelodyMaster

MelodyMaster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is the problem identical in scope whether on AC or battery or on AC with the battery removed? If not then it may be a motherboard power supply problem, otherwise it's software, a resource conflict that can be resolved by toggling "Plug and Play OS" off or on in BIOS. Otherwise try disabling and removing drivers for the soundcard then allowing Windows to find the device and reinstalling. Also a no-reboot uninstall then search for new devices and reinstall of the Intel AHCI driver. ....

9. MelodyMaster

MelodyMaster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Also the problem can be casued by RF ingress. Are you near a transmitter or switching circuit or such? Try grounding the laptop since the wired devices may be introducing RF into the system.

10. f12zl3

f12zl3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Regardless of power source, the problem remains. Plug and Play is not listed in my BIOS. I disabled and removed the sound card and let it find the device and reinstall the latest drivers. Couldn't figure out how to reinstall AHCI but I don't think its a problem is Intel related. The headphone jack and headphones work perfectly normal when the wireless switch is set to off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.