]]>

Official Sony Vaio F22 2D Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avmaxfan

avmaxfan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Since a few people have already started receiving their F22 machines and there is no dedicated forum for this particular models, I thought I would create one. :)

2. ddebon1

ddebon1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Been thinking of getting one of these. Have a F11.

Please post pics and details.

3. puck28

puck28 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I did a CTO of the 2290x and have been charged by Sony Style. I am just waiting for Sony to ship it to me, as I think it has been delayed due to the 4th of July holiday here in the US (Independence day). I hope it gets shipped by Tuesday or Wednesday and I get it by the weekend. As soon as I get it I will let you know what I think and try and take some pics. I ordered it in Silver color. I can't wait.......

4. wsxdr

wsxdr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just received 2290x. Ordered from sonystyle.com Before I used CB15FK(korean model of CB). F22's screen quality looks better. But very annoying about fan noise. Horrible. Much frequently and much louder than CB15.

Uploaded some pics.

http://photobucket.com/leegod

5. avmaxfan

avmaxfan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^^^
    Its VAIO DISPLAY PREMIUM :)

6. thenotebooksucked

thenotebooksucked Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The lid/bezel looks just as thick as the 3D version. I expected them to make the 2D thinner.

7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    Is it just that the fan noise is loud when you're doing something like gaming, or is it doing something like constantly switching on-and-off, or coming on full-force during light use, or what??

8. HawkFan

HawkFan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

What is the nit of the display? Could you also tell me the panel manufacture I've been eying this notebook

9. wsxdr

wsxdr Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I think F22's fan noise is 4 steps. And it related with cpu's MHz speed.

This model use i7 quad core and it has turbo boost. It means it's normal speed is 2000Mhz and can be up to 2900Mhz when boost. This is automatic.

So, what I found is, fan-noise is related with this cpu's Mhz, not related with usage.

And this Mhz, it seems does not changed automatically as light usage or heavy usage.

Instead, it determined by you pluged-in power cable, or use by battery, and power management setting, and vaio-control center's temperature control mode selection.

Overall, when cpu is between 700~800 Mhz, fan noise almost nothing and it is very good. But you will find some annoying slowness when heavy use or multi-tasking. (This is not recommended when gaming or watching movie, but good when just 1-2 internet surfing)

when cpu is between 1500~1999 mhz, fan noise slightly become louder and it's almost full usage. And this stage's fan can be tolerated.
    (But normally, you can't go this stage because cpu use full turbo-speed or become just silence mode, 800mhz, -> solution (forcefully manually set the advanced power management setting, make 100 value to 99(%) value of CPU power management item)

when cpu is set to 100% powered (this is forcefully setted when you just pluged-in or just use power mode as 'balanced'), cpu i7's turbo-boost become active and cpu's mhz become 2800~2900, full-speed and fan-noise also become very full and louder than even as of desktop's fan noise.
    -> This is over-powered for normal usage. -> Use solution of above

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  10. wsxdr

wsxdr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.