Official Sony Vaio F Series Owners Thread *Part 6*

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Willscary, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Don't take all my words serious, other members already got used to me. But I already wrote your typo. It is "Anyway, I'm away to trawl through...".

You can ask and chat and do whatever you want here (almost). But still could you post a photo I asked for? I don't see why it would be complicated.

2. Jasbo

Jasbo Newbie

Reputations:
    No, you don't need a photo. Also, you are going to have to explain my typo to me please, as I am not seeing it currently.

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Jasbo, James lives and is Ukrainian I believe. We love him here but it's safe to say English grammar is not his strength. 'Even genius without a proper knowledges can be mistaken'. No doubt a lyrical wordsmith. :eek:

‪Linguist Rap‬‏ - YouTube

Rep +1 for both you and James.

4. anseio

anseio All ways are my ways.

Reputations:
    This the part where I remind us all that English is a second language for many users here and certain levels of nuance/humor can be easily lost.

James D means well... he was just recently burned by omaroo/dansmith/sonylover and was very generous in his help. :p

edit: Dang! Fishon beat me to it.

5. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    1. Yep I was mistaken about typo. I thought you wanted to write that you are not going to travel through pages. When you use metaphor there is always a chance that someone misunderstand you.
    2. About photo. More like you don't want to share it. I know better what I need. If you are against such simple thing, don't be surprised that someone won't trust you. As for me it looks suspicious. For example photos of my laptop are public. Unlike my other photos of course.

EDIT: DANG Fishon and Anseio beat me to it:)

6. Jasbo

Jasbo Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok no problem guys, just a bit strange to be suspected of being some sort of troll based on a non-typo and some mistaken quotes from James D. Happy to continue reading through the early pages so as not to duplicate a question.

Jas

7. jpride

jpride Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Jasbo, don't worry about it. Carry on. Ask questions if you have them. Answer others questions if you have answers. We've been having a problem with a recurrent troll. It's not your responsibility.

James, Jasbo doesn't have a typo there. I think you misunderstand because English is not your first language. I know why you are asking, but it's my opinion that it is unnecessarily intimidating to new posters to require them to prove themselves when they have not given a reason for concern. You know I am one of the first to question someone when there is reason, but without reason, it can feel harassing to a newcomer.

Edit: Also Jasbo, you will find the search function on this site is rather broken. To get best results, you will want to use Google and do a site search like "site:forum.notebookreview.com insert_search_term_here"

8. anseio

anseio All ways are my ways.

Reputations:
    You seriously do deserver more of those little green boxes under your name than you actually have.

9. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Well I did not ask him to show his passport. Maybe I wouldn't like to be suspected for something BUT after all your clarifications guys:) BTW thanks to all:) I would just post photo and that's it.

In my country we say: That one who learn on other's mistake is smart. That one who learn on his own mistakes is stupid. But that one who doesn't learn at all is pathetic... Push Like button if you liked:D

Edit: So big activity here! I forgot when it was last time like this

10. Willscary

Willscary Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I gave him rep the other day and I don't think it changed a thing for him. Let's all rep him again just to see if we can raise him one green thingie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.