Official Sony Vaio F Series Owners Thread *Part 6*

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Willscary, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    30EUROS??! i AM RUNNING TO YOU ON SHANK'S MARE! Where are you?:)
    Jeee, when I was reading 30... I thought I will read "they will do it for 30 seconds"!

2. MelodyMaster

MelodyMaster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They won't, and forget the cooling pad, it will do nothing of the air circulation is clogged.

If you can figure out how to use Windows, you can figure out how to disassemble the computer. Take out all the screws you see underneath, remember the long screw goes by the VGA connector; undo the short screws under the battery, note the two screws on the inside of the hinge are larger threads. Remove the hard drive, slide out BDrom, angle out bottom from the BDrom side, push sideways to clear VGA connector, watch for wireless switch.

3. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    and 3 short screws under BD-ROM

4. MelodyMaster

Reputations:
    Forgot those, Thank You.

5. MaxieHQ

MaxieHQ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi all, I have been out of the loop for a while, I don't use my laptop nearly as much as I used to, but I still love it. I have been using my Asus Transformer 10" tablet a lot just because it much more portable than the laptop and it is something different than Windows to play with. I started scanning through some of the posts a bit. I just updated mt IRST drivers, thanks JamesD I saw the link in one of your posts. I also made sure my SSD drive has current firmware. I am currently downloading the latest Nvidia drivers so I can update those too.

It's hard to believe the f series thread got this long and it's great to see familiar names on here still. I'm going to try to check here more often so I don't miss so many posts.

6. Bellzemos

Bellzemos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK guys, I think I'm gonna do it. Can you tell me which parts (and how - with what) should I clean when I have it open? What do I have to remove to get as much of dirt out as possible? Do I need any special materials or tools? And - after the full cleanup - would a good quality cooling pad be a good investment for keeping the VAIO as quiet as possible for as long time as possible? Or is it just a waste of money? Thank you! :)

7. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  8. stefiman

stefiman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I have a Sony Vaio VPCF12M0E and I would like to buy a cooler, because it is overheating. I have narrowed it down to 4 coolers: CoolerMaster NotePal U2, CoolerMaster NotePal U3, Zalman ZN-2000 & Zalman ZN-3000U. Can anyone recommend which would be the best? (Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this)

9. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I would go for U3

10. MelodyMaster

Reputations:
    I would suggest strongly undoing the two tiny black screws on the outside of the fan housing, so that when you blow on the vent the dust can escape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.