Official Sony VAIO F Series i5/i7 owners thread *Part 5*

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Willscary, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xingren

xingren Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am sure it is USB3 because the two ports on the right side are blue. Also, the USB3 driver is installed in device manager. I will try to take a picture when I get home later tonight.

2. jpride

jpride Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ahhhhh, yet another reason I want an EU F. :(

3. Dr.leXus

Dr.leXus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks for help!

4. jpride

Reputations:
    This viewing angle, having to tilt it all the way back to see the screen, is getting to me. It's hard for me to look at the screen at that angle for more than a few minutes. Are all Vaios designed this way? I've never had one before. It's a very bad design. Obviously, it doesn't bother everyone as much or no one would buy them, but I am wondering if I will have to send mine back. I'm really trying to get used to it.

5. Dr.leXus

Dr.leXus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Are you use Native_5900K_2.2_109cd-m2.rar profile?

6. xingren

Reputations:
    I downloaded pretty much all of the ones on the guide and tried them out. That one looks good. But I ended up using the Grandalf one which has a slightly darker tone that that one. Try and see which one is visually more pleasing.

7. xingren

Reputations:
    Same here. It takes some getting use to especially when you need to use the webcam. I am sticking with this laptop though since overall it is still good and I went through a long painful process getting this order from Sony.

8. omaroo

omaroo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    jpride, for the eu matte screen the viewing angles are great and great picture, have you got the american version.

9. jpride

Reputations:
    So I'm messing around with trying to calibrate my screen to make it viewable enough for me to keep. I'm going to try all the profiles but first I'm trying to calibrate it myself so that I can compare that to the pre-made profiles. Does anyone have an opinion on when you'd want to use ICC vs sRGB? I'm not doing any professional work where I need exact color representation - I'm just trying to make my screen look better to my own eyes.

10. omaroo

omaroo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can i ask if everyone has viewing angle problems with the f series, does this happen only for glossy screens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.