Official Sony VAIO F Series i5/i7 owners thread *Part 5*

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Willscary, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fener

fener Newbie

Reputations:
    so do u think I should wait for the holiday season? Does sony usually go on sale at those times?

2. omaroo

omaroo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i HATE 3D TECHNOLOGY, wont be getting a 3d laptop for a LONG TIMe, my top laptop will be great for a long time anyway.

3. anseio

anseio All ways are my ways.

Reputations:
    Omaroo - That guide is a compilation, by Joe Bleau, of all of our experience and knowledge with clean installing. The F12 has little differnces than the F11. Please read through the guide several times and then come back with SPECIFIC questions about it.

Everyone who has used it hasn't had a problem figuring out. I'm expecting the same of you.

Sorry, I have no opinion on that subject, so don't want to steer you toward, or away from, the wrong thing.

4. MrVGA

MrVGA Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone here have experience with the latest edition in the F Series line? I'm trying to decided between the latest Vaio/ Asus or a Sager 8760 and I'm pretty much at a stand still here. I played with one today and partially fell in love but I figured I'd ask the masses first.

5. lazaross

lazaross Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I Have the sony vaio vpcf11z1e and i hear a very lazy noise for some seconds and then silence and then the same noise! It's forever!! I'm going crazy! The cpu usage is 1%. I disabled also superfetch,memoryboost, but no hope.

Maybe it's the hard drive, but why working? Or the fan? What is it??

6. mangosango

mangosango Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I installed the new hard drive and installed Win7... it seems like my backup image was corrupt (I think there was actually a hardware problem with the drive...). Anyhow, it's actually pretty nice having a clean slate (installing Sony drivers right now), but the downside is that I lost all of my games and all of my saved game files :(. I was pretty lucky in that I managed to save my school and work documents. An interesting note - the backlight on the keyboard starts on whenever you type if you don't have the sony drivers installed.

Just one request from you guys (thanks to anseio and fishon for the links and especially anseio for pointing me towards the UBCD) - does anyone have count_scheluma's screen profile? I'd really like to have it, but I saw that the original link is now dead. If anyone has it and would be willing to share, that would be awesome and I would be forever thankful!

7. anseio

Reputations:
    Hey! Good to see you! Glad you got things worked out. Sucks about the game saves though. :(

UBCD is kinda nice. I've got mine to boot from my USB drive and can use Ghost4Linux to clone my 2nd HDD. It's a bit for bit clone, so takes several hours, but it's free and will save me in a pinch if I have to swap it out.

I used to have those profiles downloaded, but lost them a few months ago. :(

8. omaroo

omaroo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are good programs deleted in regards to a fresh install, and is it true u need 3 disks to make recovery disks

9. anseio

Reputations:
    Programs that you deem useful may not be installed. You can install them later from the recovery discs. Yes, you'll need 3 DVD's to make your recovery discs. More just in case the process errs.

10. mido201005

mido201005 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys :)
    I have some questions and i am sorry if they seem to be repeated or something
    I am about to recieve my Sony Vaio F13 New Laptop and it is a desktop replacement and my first laptop ever :)
    I am very excited about it and have some questions :
    1- When i recieve it what is the first thing i have to do ?
    2- Will the clean install make a big difference knowing that it isn't with fresh start ?
    3- The battery issue : is it safe for the battery life to use it while the Ac Adapter is connected ? And What is the best way to use the battery without affecting it's life time ?

Finally thanks for this awesome thread :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.