Official Sony VAIO F Series i5/i7 owners thread *part 4*

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Willscary, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paingiver

Paingiver Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Rep given, good article/guide Joe. I can see a lot of time and effort went into producing it. Well done.

Tho I won't personally be replacing my keyboard ever, (unless it go's mammary glands up!) I will at some point want to clean the fan and with your guide this'll be a doddle.

2. xp17

xp17 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. cirrusbarbs

cirrusbarbs Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all. I have a problem here hope you can help me out. I have my battery care setting is to the 80% option. I came to work and it drained overnight from 80% to 72% .

I looked at Joes guide but I am really lost. I couldn't even find the calibrate feature he was talking about. Please can someone help me and explain it in the most simplest way possible. I greatly would appreciate it.

Thanks

4. DeWinte

DeWinte Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The battery drains overnight when turned off without power plugged in. For ways to minimise the draining effect you can search this thread and the previous threads, I think there was a lot of discussion in thread 3 about it. Once you've taken those steps some of which may not apply to you, your battery will still drain overnight a bit. I can't remember what a normal battery drain % would be but maybe you can reduce yours from 8% a little. Good luck in searching the threads, just use the thread search feature with keywords such as, battery drain.

Very detailed and clear guide JoeB the pictures are great, the kitten is very cute.

5. cirrusbarbs

cirrusbarbs Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    yea I saw joes guide its a little confusing and also the calibrate feature in power options is not there. Im not usre if it is because i have a F12

6. DeWinte

DeWinte Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not sure which guide you're saying is confusing. About calibrating I'm again unsure what you mean, but if you mean calibrating the batteries charge meter so it's more accurate, then that's done by performing a full charge and discharge cycle. Meaning charge it to full and leave there for a while fully charged and plugged in then use on battery and discharge the battery. That should ensure accuracy in your batteries readings. If that's not what you meant then sorry but the post wasn't explicit.

7. Jay_d

Jay_d Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  8. Joe Bleau

Joe Bleau Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Something is wrong, I am on 80% Battery Care setting @ the present & it does not drain from 80% to 72% overnight.

I posted this yesterday so I guess it's like it was never posted :) :
    What's confusing about it? :confused: Maybe too much info? I've been known for that. ;)

The problem:

[​IMG]

The solution: VAIO_F Battery Calibrator Plan Creation. Make sure that all peripheral devices (including internet cable) are disconnected overnight.

+1 for this post:
    BTW, thanks guys for the feedback on the Vaio_F Series - How To Replace the Keyboard & Clean the Fan

9. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  10. Joe Bleau

Joe Bleau Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Fishon, I tried that a few months ago & it suggested some incorrect drivers! :eek:

Maybe one can use it as a road map & check manually for updates, dunno.

Why not use tools already on the F instead of an online wizard? :confused:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

One can also run: ASSIST > Vaio_Care > System Care > One Click Care as the report links to some of the tools above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.