Official Sony VAIO F Series i5/i7 owners thread *part 4*

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Willscary, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Costa Rica rain forest chic! DIY style. Bring the benchmarks on.

2. QuePasa87

QuePasa87 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hooray, my CTO shipped today! Hopefully I can get it by Monday or Tuesday and get started on replacing the basic HDD with my Momentus XT 500GB.

3. edween

edween Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    my god joe you always seem to impress me.
    oh im interested :)

4. anseio

anseio All ways are my ways.

Reputations:
    My Hitachi 500GB/7200RPM HDD has arrived. I was able to install my recovery partition onto it and have it recognized by VAIO Care. Yay! Now, just waiting for my HDD caddy. Should have been here by now, since the other thing I ordered from Hong Kong has already arrived.

@Joe & @lundstrom.emil, I ran HD Tune on the HDD in normal mode while in the enclosure and got the curve that my Seagate never gets.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. lundstrom.emil

lundstrom.emil Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It is then the modified drives from Sony that makes HD time go nutes. XD would give you rep if I could. :D

6. Joe Bleau

Joe Bleau Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No because your rates where higher in Safe Mode as well as on an other computer.

And you are going to study to be a doctor you said? :eek:

7. anseio

anseio All ways are my ways.

Reputations:
    We're not addressing the rates themselves. We're addressing the flat portion of the curve, which my Seagate demonstrates in Normal Mode and my Hitachi does not. The Seagate has had these results while having the OS on it and not, and while in the laptop and externally.

8. Joe Bleau

Joe Bleau Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    anseio's Seagate in eSATA enclosure connected to his Vaio_F11 vs. mine in eSATA enclosure connected to my_F11:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

More cross configurations benchmarks to come tomorrow night. :eek:

9. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks a million Joe,

My F has now all the software I want after the clean install.

With the link to the Hardware Diagnostics you sent me Vaio Care is now fully functional again. Sony eSupport - VPCF126FM/B - Software Updates & Drivers

I customized the OEM Info on the systems page with the help of the following link: Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows Vista and 7 - Tweaking with Vishal

I looks now better than original and like an US F see also this thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/482155-need-f-series-screen-shot.html

Now an extremely happy F-owner :D

Attached Files:

10. lundstrom.emil

lundstrom.emil Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why is it higher on my other computers, when EVERYTHING IS THE SAME; OS, SOFTWARE, MS DRIVERS, ONLY HARDWARE DIFFERS?

It is the modified drive in combination of F12, as Sony Design Team Sad to me: It was designed this way. :mad:

Your drive is not modified, that is the different. I get the same result as anseio in the same conditions he have tested it in. We do not want to work in Safe Mode, we want to work in Normal Mode as everyone else in the world.

I am going to be a doctor, but I am tired. I will only see my family and friends once peer year in person, I have tons of projects that need to be done, and make my family independent and able to take care of everything. At home I take care of all the computers, and every technical gadget you can find, setting up everything new, have all the settings for every device and 10+ different 8+ characters login and passwords in my head. Everything must be simplified and be able be manage by anyone.

I sleep 4 hour a day and I have started to dream when I am awake.

I am not stupid :rolleyes: , at the entry exam I was third best in Stockholm; They wanted the top 5 to be on stage. :D I only studied english termiology the day before (that was stupid) because I only knew Swedish termiology. And I will be the one of the 10% that passes the first year at the University. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.