Official Sony VAIO F Series i5/i7 owners thread *Part 3*

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by eagle17, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willscary

Willscary Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nope. I would never want to know any "secrets". I simply make sure that the office runs smoothly. Our church also runs a Christian Day School with kids from pre-school through 8th grade. We have about 3,000 communicant members and our school houses between 200 and 300 students (depending on the year...enrollment fluxuates). This is a large database to keep track of...donations, tuition, lunch program, athletics, over a dozen choirs, births, deaths, baptizms, weddings, etc. Plus, we design and print our own weekly church programs...5 services plus special services for holidays, weddings, funerals, etc. Add to this a full sound booth for services and a live radio broadcast and it gets a bit more complicated than I had originally thought it would be.

All of this takes horsepower. More than I ever would have thought prior to my involvement!

Bill

2. Lucky_jl

Lucky_jl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    thanks

Do they send to Europe ? Should i consider buying from Sony ?
    (i dind't found info on their website)

3. hax0rJimDuggan

hax0rJimDuggan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone swing by Best Buy to see the F12 model? I notice the gpu specs on their site conflict. One page says 330m the other 310; resolution 1600x900.

4. ddmeightball

ddmeightball Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Noticed that at Bestbuy.com and at the Best Buy store here in Lincoln, NE. Their website and little information cards in store say 1GB 330m video card but the laptop itself is 1600x900. According to Sony's own website they only sell the 512mb 310m with the 1600x900 screen and the 1GB with the 1080p screen unless there are some unknown configs I haven't seen...If so, it would be odd that Sony's own website refutes that.

5. GandalfPT

GandalfPT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes i can confirm that information for the VPCF12S1E European model. I just run cpu-z and thats the memory i have installed.

6. Lucky_jl

Lucky_jl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So is just getting this RAM from some store and install ?
    Anyone knows where the slots are ?
    I supose that is one on the bottom and another under the keyboard ?

thanks

7. siq911

siq911 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't see the Canadian CTO model on the Sony website. Can you post a link? I'd like to order this soon. Thanks!

8. Joe Bleau

Joe Bleau Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  9. MelodyMaster

MelodyMaster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Considering_F, you are making a costly mistake based on the inability to read and follow a thread. The FW590 is a nice machine, yes, but I would pay FAR less for a Core2Duo than for an i7 laptop. It has been long-established that the F11's screen is horribly, badly calibrated from the factory, it is way too blue, backgrounds are too bright, meaning images are washed out, and the "automatic" light function makes the display too dim. AFTER calibration the screen looks stunning, even on my early unit with shading and inversion. The FW used an ATI GPU, the F11 an Nvidia. My guess is that they did not change the default firmware settings and the display of the F11 was still set for an ATI card, and ATI and Nvidia GPUs ARE different in their colorimetry.

YOU set up an F11/F12 and FW 490/590 side by side, YOU calibrate both with a screen utility, THEN check. The FW will give a wider viewing angle, but BOTH will have near-identical colour quality and depth.

10. andresebr

andresebr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It does that on battery, plugged, plugged without battery.... But its weird, today just when i was preparing to go the center to make them fix my laptop,but the computer was working well, those odd dots didn't appear... I haven't turned on my laptop for three days till now... But i'm sure those dots will appear any time i just have to wait, because i don't want to go to the reparation center if i can't show them the problem... I think i have bought a cursed laptop lol...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.