Official Sony SB/SA/SC/SD Series Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by ssssssssss, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faziofra

faziofra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi edd1234,

have you bought and tried this caddy?

Thanks

2. Vitix

Vitix Newbie

Reputations:
    I all and thnak you for this guide, my VAIO wakes up well after but I have one question about this 2 points. I don't see the device into my system, why? There's a SIM slot under the case but no device into devices lists :/

3. thelibran

thelibran Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sorry I forgot I posted here a while back and never replied to the replies I got. Thanks for the details.

My battery was dying as per the msgs but still holding enough power for 2 hrs and I couldnt install vaio utilities without going into a hibernation mode coz of the msg saying battery need to be replaced. So I went out and got myself a new battery and tried to install vaio utilities again but the error seems to be there. So I am now in the process of clean installing everything.

Anyone know anything further about the battery error messages and how to avoid getting the Go into hibernation pop up window? I had to do a system restore to remove the vaio utilities.

thanks
    majush

4. fscussel

fscussel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    VAIO SA 290X. Windows 7 64 bits. My problem is with old VIDEO drivers. AFIK there's no updated driver. I've tried leechcat's but there always a glitch when trying in a VAIO SA. Is there any perfect functional updated driver?

5. matus201

matus201 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I didn't find any fully working solution for video drivers. However, after trying all leshcat's drivers, I found that official drivers from Intel and AMD work the best.

Just download the official drivers, install intel first, then amd. Everything works perfectly EXCEPT I cannot change brightness when running in SPEED mode (with AMD GPU).

6. fscussel

fscussel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No need to modify anything to install those original drivers?

7. matus201

matus201 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I didn't modify anything. It runs as good as official Sony drivers (except the mentioned brightness problem on AMD GPU), which means it is not perfect but good enough for daily usage.

8. matus201

matus201 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Also.. Did anyone try the Windows 10 preview? How does it run?

9. Uruzu5

Uruzu5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My friend have a VPCSA25GG
    She has never backup the recovery partition. Her laptop has some problem before and I fixed.
    I would like to use USB Flash to backup the recovery partition. However Vaio Care do not have this function and prompted me download the Vaio care recovery thru Vaio update.
    Nevertheless, Vaio update do not have this. I tried to search on internet and install it. But it said the version wasn't suitable for my laptop.
    Anyone can tell me how can I backup to USB Flash?
    Thx!

10. Sxooter

Sxooter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You might be able to use clonezilla and do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.