Official Sony SB/SA/SC/SD Series Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by ssssssssss, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kman79

kman79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the laptop set to 80% Max charge, I'm wondering if there is a certain percentage of battery life I should discharge the batteries to maintain/extend their life? Is it OK to discharge the batteries completely? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

2. Aelavin

Aelavin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You CANNOT discharge batteries to 0%, because it will completely ruin your battery. Safe discharge percentage level is about 5-7% (in fresh installed Windows it's set on 6-7% if I'm correct).

3. xplane9

xplane9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The 6630m is far from a bottomfeeder laptop GPU. The Intel HD 2000 would be a bottomfeeder GPU. In fact, the 6630m is based on the same chip as the 6750m in the Macbook pro, just underclocked and with GDDR3 instead of GDDR5. The 6750m destroys the GT 330m in the older Macbook pro. A base i5 would completely destroy a Core2Duo, even at a lower clockspeed. Clockspeed is not everything in determining CPU speed when the architecture's efficiency has been greatly improved.

Edit: The 320m integrated GPU in the 13 inch Macbook pro is on par with the new Intel HD 3000, far from the capability of the 6630m.

4. Sxooter

Sxooter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    6630M

The GT540M is 1% faster at 3DMark11. So unless the other poster honestly thinks GT540M is bottom feeder... He smells like a troll to me tho.

5. pizdets17

pizdets17 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    All im trying to say is the fan noise is annoying and if my SUPER AWESOME gpu is switched off, and my processor state is set to 30% and I am in silet sony mode, I shouldn't be hearing the fan whine. If you don't think so fine, but when my laptop is basically running as a netbook with those power options I want silence.

6. bobapanda

bobapanda Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anybody know the part number for the optical drive faceplate from Sony for the sa3? I think I saw it somewhere in this post but I don't remember where and I haven't been able to find it again.

7. Nothingtown

Nothingtown Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  8. xplane9

xplane9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That is a bios issue where the fan turns on at a low temperature. Apple sets the Macbook Pro's fan to be off until the machine reaches a fairly hot temperature.

9. pizdets17

pizdets17 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Kinda. In my MBP the fan is always on at 2000rpm which is dead silent, when it hits 70c+ it goes to 4000 and 80c+ it goes to 6000. This one sounds like its at 4000 all the time and 6000 as soon as you open photoshop or anything else labor intensive.

10. darxide_sorcerer

darxide_sorcerer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    this "bottom feeder" can push out 40+ fps in Battlefield 3 with MEDIUM+HIGH settings in 1366x768 during 64-person multiplayer mayhems. not good enough for you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.