Official Sony SB/SA/SC/SD Series Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by ssssssssss, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryuma

Ryuma Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hum...this is so weird, my brother reports the same as you with his VAIO CB (so same gpu).

When I run the game in medium and all the CPU intensive stuff off/low, I have like max. 30 fps and drop downs to 4-5 during hughe battles (200/200 population).

In high I am around 23-27 fps and same kind of drop down;

In low I have a steady 59-60 fps even in hughe battles.

Resolution 1920x1080 or 1600x900 does not change anything.

What am I doing wrong here?

2. xplane9

xplane9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anybody else hear a slight crack or creaking sound when opening the lid? Sorry if this is normal, but I came from an Elitebook where there was no such sound.

In addition, I just purchased an received a silver SA, and within 1 day, I have noticed a thin hairline scratch just below the keyboard on the lower right. It is very straight as if it came from the factory. Has anyone experienced this as well? I know the Z2 has such an issue.

3. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    Anything in the background eating up CPU? Do you have the latest Sony provided drivers?

4. clever_trevor

clever_trevor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have an SA purchased about 4 months ago & have the same problem you describe. A very slight mark below keyboard to right of track pad, its very minor and not noticable unless you are really looking for it.
    My lid does not creep but the left side of the lid makes a 'click/crack' sound if pressed hard (not that I would press hard but this happend when removing laptop from a bag using 2 fingers on left side - so I now place it in bad the opposite way to avoid this).
    Despite this - I find the laptop to be strong & robust and also had an HP which although did not creek - was much heavier with other problems - nothing seems to be perfect.
    Hope this helps,
    t

5. xplane9

xplane9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just noticed another hairline scratch, which just happens to be located where the edge of the bezel touches the palmrest. I guess the silver shows this wear more easily than the jet black model, but at least it was 50 dollars cheaper on newegg. And oddly enough, my lid makes a cracking noise too, expect on the right side near the top edge.

Edit: Fixed the squeak/creak by tightening some screws underneath the hinge. Has anyone else noticed that if you squeeze near the webcam on the lid part with the Sony logo, that it produced a "crack" as well?

6. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    Yeah, the silver model does seem to wear more easily :(

7. blix

blix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Omg, I had a BIOS password set on my VAIO. I ought to remove it, and ended up locking my whole system. This with a paper due in 48 hours. Happy f*cking NY. .

I have a VAIO VPCSA. Is there any option to reset it? Flashing BIOS perhaps?

8. blix

blix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Im on my mobile now. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, F M L.

9. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    Just call Sony support, as long as it's registered in your name they should give you the master code.

Also, please do not bypass the language filter, it's there for a reason. Forum Rules

10. blix

blix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My apologies. Note to self: don't try to show work to friends when drunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.