*** Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Oct 5, 2017.

1. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Err... You're still not getting enough. Windows and some updates on it easily hits 40-50GB. Pagefile set the right way is probably going to be 16GB+ for any real multitasker. Then programs installed on top of that. There is no such thing as space left for games beyond that point. Either you don't set up windows etc optimally and have enough space, or you don't have enough space.

As for 5GHz 80c, he said benchmarking, not stress testing. If that thing finishes a TSBench 1024M or a realbench 15 minute run non-delidded at 5GHz then colour me really impressed.

2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Then how do you define "benchmark"? I mean technically opening a pain picture could be a benchmark, even tho a really weak one. It's so vague and without any information, that saying that the CPU runs on 5ghz is downright silly, there is no way that thing runs at 5ghz with decent temps. Pretty sure it would die the moment he would try to record gaming footage. The moment he would open crysis 3 on his "5ghz" the thing would crash or thermal throttle to oblivion.

It's unusable.

4. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Not that you've ever understood anything I've had to say, but..

Benchmark: Short test usually under two minutes (often under 30 seconds) designed to test the capability of a processor and little else. Examples - Cinebench, TSBench 32M, SuperPi, 3DMark Physics tests, etc. The longer of these tests would be wPrime 1024M and TSBench 1024M.

Stress test: Lengthy test usually 15 minutes or more, designed to break overclocks and find maximum temperatures under any cooling solution. May or may not have a score at the end. Examples: OCCT, Prime95, AIDA64, Realbench stress test portion, etc.

Disclaimer: this statement is said purely for random people who may come and see this post train and get the wrong idea, that they may avoid getting the wrong idea, rather than to actually reform the quoted user.

5. temp00876

temp00876 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you brother @Mr. Fox , it's working. I downloaded a new copy of Win7 ultimate from the digital river mirror website http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/ and used Asus EZ installer. It no longer loses USB support when installing Win7.

Donald@zTecpc and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. GameServ

GameServ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There is a reason I have notifications enabled for this thread. The knowledge for one...but also...the comedy. *Continues to eat popcorn*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. GameServ

Reputations:
    I can't wait until my gaming computer has arrived. I'm posting EVERYTHING!!!

Donald@zTecpc and Stress Tech like this.
  8. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    GameServ right now >>>>> [​IMG] [​IMG] <<<<<<< Phoenix

9. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Booooo, wrong.
    Benchmark is a test that results in a score that is compared to other components. The word itself even indicates it: Bench (working aka benching), mark (set a score).
    Here are some definitions for you as well:
    https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/b/benchmar.htm
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benchmark_(computing)
    https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-benchmark-2625811

Please don't redefine words.
    I can't agree with your definition of stresstest either, It mostly takes longer, yes, (unless we got something unstable and crash, then it's not long, but at this point it would be nitpicking) "designed to break overclocks" What does this even mean? Are you implying that stresstest will attempt to under oder overclock your CPU?! Rest is also way to unspecific. Stresstest stresses your hardware so that you can see if your component runs stable in the most "hardcore" scenario, really that hard to define it?

Also just to showcase how ridiculous ole's belief in the 80c XTU "benchmark" is:

Delidded 8700K desktop 5ghz (6min 40seconds), XTU test on Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280. Gotta be a special person to believe that notebookcooler 2c worse performing than 120bucks AIO desktop cooling solution.

10. GameServ

Reputations:
    Exactly!!!!!
    I just sit and wait for the notification while working, watching the game, and watching my son play PS4... Multitasking@ its finest!!!