*** Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh where did you buy your RTX2080? How much was it?

2. matyee

matyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Actually it was me :) I had black screen when I flashed 250w vbios in my 1080gtx

3. matyee

Reputations:
    I bough with a laptop and swapped cards

4. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So you fixed the GTX1080 though?

5. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I’m gonna buy a RTX2080 early next year probably. I’m gonna eventually make an offer on one of Eurocoms eBay listings for their upgrade kits.

6. matyee

Reputations:
    I did not solved as I used the 2080. It was my 2nd option to keep the 1080 and increase the TDP.

7. DjInfamousfloo

DjInfamousfloo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I've tried countless laptop backpacks from freebiz/razer/everki's/dells. The padding wasn't to my liking, These bag wear and tear started showing way to early. Handles would rip, zippers wouldn't function. I wasn't really confident with the durability and stability of these backpacks. I also had to modify by adding foam or using pipe insulation foam to cover the edges of the laptop and secure the duel power bricks.

Looked into tactical military backpacks like hazard 4,5.11 tactical, hard shell carry-on backpacks and camera backpacks. None of the internal dimensions matched up to what I needed atleast for this laptop, let alone all the laptop accessories I bring. Then I ran into higher end camera backpacks. 3 days of researching and eventually found f-stop and then I spent the money on the f-stop-shinn black backpack with a master icu. its designed for high end camera equipment but the versatility of the bag makes it pretty functional in securing other high end electronics. Its overkill for some but the padding they provide in unbelievable. Most of my stuff are in hermit shell type cases. I'm just paranoid and need things to be unequivocal secured and snug. I'll be packing 2 15in portable monitors, low profile monitor stands, a few keyboards, couple mouses, doss xl speaker, several 2.5/3.5 hdd, hhd enclosures, various cables. Everything is in hermit type hard shell casing. Any dead space would be filled with eva foaming. I travel a ton and needs all these items severely padded when I'm traveling.

I am excited and will be receiving it sometime in the next couple weeks! I Encourage anyone looking for a bag look into f-stop backpacks. They do have smaller capacity backpacks as well with the same quality throughout!

jc_denton likes this.
  8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It sounds like your needs are more than just the average commuter. Are you mountain climbing with them?

9. matyee

Reputations:
    Guys,
    I have finalized my 870km1 machine. installed TM1 cpu heatsink + 4th fan mod. Could you help me what bios settings I need to do to utilize max performance? This is the cpu speed in FS, for me it seems low. Thx in advance
    fs 4,6ghz 9900k.png

10. DjInfamousfloo

DjInfamousfloo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wanted a no compromise backpack and it seemed like this was the one. I work for a payment processing company and do quite a bit of traveling between merchants / terminals / office. I have a separate backpack for testing. Have tons of verifone/firstdata/clover units. It's definitely possible to combine the bags or sometime in the future mountain climb to businesses that need payment processing units lol

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019