*** Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, it will hide the interface as the chipset is controlling it so firmware wont read it directly.

Fromont likes this.
  2. Fromont

Fromont Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Cool thank you. I will try this when I get a mo:

I assume this is the solution...?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes that would take you back to a single drive config. Most drives don't need any manual intervention however.

4. Tyranus07

Tyranus07 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

It's me again, trying to get the XMP profile of the Ballistix Sport RAM to work. Searching on the web most sites say that I have to enable XMP on the system BIOS, but I wasn't able to find out that option on the system BIOS (I'm running the Prema Mod version 1.05.EVOC2). So maybe XMP isn't supported or is automatically supported? I don't know. I tryed to select the profile on my BIOS called XMP 1 but then the system won't boot.

Reading on the service manual I found out this sentence:

[​IMG]

I have only two modules installed... Reding the above information that means I have to disable dual channel to get XMP to work? But again I wasn't able to find the option to disable dual channel on the system BIOS. Does that means that I have to physically place one module on the RAM1 slot and the other module on the RAM3 module (or RAM 2 and RAM 4 modules) to force to disable dual channel? Currently I'm using the slots 1&2 and that enables dual channel. In the service manual also says:

Is that because if you install two RAM modules on lets say slots 1&3 you don't get dual channel?

PS: I know that 2 modules @ 2400 MHz in dual channel beats 2 modules @ 2666 MHz running in single channel, I just want to know how to correctly enable XMP on my system.

5. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    To find the XMP:
    Advanced > OverClocking > Memory > Memory Profile

Usually the system will boot loop a few times while it's ram training.
    You don't need to disable dual channel for XMP to work.

Dual channel works with this setup:
    Dimm 1+2 (primary slots under the bottom cover)
    Dimm 3+4 (secondary slots under the keyboard)
    Dimm 1+4
    Dimm 2+3

Single channel:
    Dimm 1+3
    Dimm 2+4

6. Tyranus07

Reputations:
    Thanks for the answer!

How many loops are we talking about? .. when I tryed the XMP profile, my system turned on on black screen (no image), then shutdown itself, then turn on again with no image, and so on... It did it like five or six times then I did a hard shutdown and took off the bios battery.

Also, my XMP profile seems to be missing a few parameters

is that normal?.

[​IMG]

7. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That doesn't look right, XMP profile should have all rows pre populated with predetermined values.
    Can you try rebooting and checking if it still persist?
    Btw, What ram are those?

You can also try this, I'm assuming you are trying for 3000Mhz.
    Set the profile to manual, then set primary timings to CL16, tRCD to 18, tRAS=38, tWTR=7 zero out all the other timings set multiplier to 100x15 with voltage at 1.25v. Let it train for 10 minutes, if it doesn't boot, reset the bios and try with 1.3v

Papusan likes this.
  8. Tyranus07

Reputations:
    Actually the XMP profiles has been always been that way, missing most of the parameters. I'm not sure if my modules are corrupted or my system BIOS is failing on reading the little memory inside the modules that contain the XMP parameters table.

My modules are the 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4

[​IMG]

I'm trying actually to achieve 2666 MHz as the modules are rated at that speed, but they are running just at 2400 MHz. Do you think I need to raise the voltage to get 2666 MHz stable? CPU-Z seems to read the table for the XMP profile at some extend and it says the voltage is 1.200

[​IMG]

By the way where is the memory multiplier located? I couldn't find it. Maybe I have to manually set the "XMP" parameters, but I don't know what parameters to use

9. jc_denton

jc_denton Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You should be able to run 2666 at 1.2v

Advanced > OverClocking > Memory > Memory Profile > Custom Profile > Memory reference clock to "133" and Memory ratio to "10"

Then set primary timings to:
    tCL "16"
    tRCD/tRP "18"
    tRAS "38"
    tWTR "7"
    Voltage "1.2v"

Zero out all the other timings or set them to "Auto".

10. Tyranus07

Reputations:
    Well I did what you said. Used those values on the system BIOS, the laptop boots just fine zero issues. How can I check stability? Running memtest86 would do the job?