*** Official Sager NP9877 / Clevo P870TM-G Owner's Lounge! - Phoenix 4 ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Fromont

Fromont Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    actually I shouldn’t buy a delidded i9, I should just delid my 8086k myself shouldn’t I....should I?

Edit: I’m gonna delid...looks like fun.

@kfxsti does the i9 run at 63deg with the fans on full? Or med?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  2. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have never used my fans on full. I just set the curve to hold a steady 40-50% after temps reach 50c. But I do have it to cram 100% if the temps go above 75c The gpu is about the same as far as curve wise, and 100% at 78c for them.
    I honestly like my i9 alot better than any of the 8700k's I have. Once delidded and the Rockit Ihs installed, I didn't have to mess around with getting the LM as perfect between the ihs and heatsink like I did with the 8700ks either. But that's your call on making the switch. Whichever you decide, I'd definitely delid either personally lol. Alot of temp issues can be fixed by just popping the top

TheDantee and Fromont like this.
  3. Fromont

Reputations:
    Sweet thanks. Yeah I mostly want it to run quieter. What was the issue with the ihs and heatsink on the 8’s? Did they have Rockit copper ihs’s’s like the 9?
    I hate waste (although I suppose I could sell it) but I figure keep what I got and delid.

kfxsti likes this.
  4. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There wasn't really an issue with the IHS per say.
    But given the bigger die size of the i9 vs 8700k, the ihs seems to sit on it alot better. I want to say the i9 rockit ihs a smidge bigger than the Rockit Ihs for the 8700k.
    But like others have stated here, liquid metal needs 2 flat surfaces to work effectively. So just make sure your heatsink lays nice and flat on your ihs .

Fromont likes this.
  5. supernovastar

supernovastar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if the P870TM allow users to boot up running both the Intel i9-9900k's internal graphics simultaneous with the Nvidia GTX 1080 discrete GPU?

Premiere Pro has a feature which uses the 9900k Quick Sync for dramatically faster encoding of H.264 & H.265 files.

There's an article about that below.

Adobe Premiere Pro April 2018 Update: 2x faster export!

http://www.focuspulling.com/cc2018/

According to the article, there are some motherboards that allow users to force-enable internal graphics and discrete GPU to boot into Windows 10 at the same time.

6. supernovastar

supernovastar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've been reading that Intel will be coming out with their 10 cores Comet Lake processor in 2 - 3 months. I hope it will work with the current Prema BIOS. Anyone hear details about the Comet Lake yet?

7. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The iGPU is disabled on all Clevo P7/P8 models, the mobo doesn't even have power phases for it.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I've not seen much out there at all to be fair.

9. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Disabled.

10. Fromont

Reputations:
    Ya know, if you don’t already have a vapour chamber heatsink, and you maybe wrangle some extras, upgrading from a 1070 to an rtx 2080, is not dissimilar to upgrading to a 1080 in price...